These New Eyes, My New Life: Chapter 10

Finally a new new chapter! enjoy(:

_____________________________________________________________________________ 

    The next morning, I felt better. I was over the Derek thing, I'd gotten over what I'd overheard those guys saying, I wasn’t angry with what Ashleigh had done, and best of all- I hardly had a hangover! Just a little bit of a headache was a reminder of last night. But as I thought about one particular part of last night, I was very, very confused.

    Was Cole really there with Sophie? It sure seemed like they were, but it could’ve just been my jealousy making me believe that. But would he really have let her stay with him all night if they hadn’t gone together? Probably not. But how could he have gone with her?!

    I sighed at myself. I couldn’t be doing this. I couldn’t be mad at Cole for going on dates with girls. I was dating too. I was the one who caused us to be… not together. But I really kind of did want to be with him. Ugh.

    I sat up, and felt a familiar slight ache in my muscles. I hadn’t eaten since Tuesday. And by 'eaten' I don’t mean a hamburger. I groaned slightly, and got up to take a shower. After that, I did my hair, make-up, and got dressed. I wore a white deep v-neck t-shirt from Hollister that said 1922 across the v in pink and then Hollister in navy under that. I threw on some dark denim destroyed Abercrombie skinny jeans, and then got my phone. I called Grace.

    "Hello?" she answered.

    "Hey!" I said.

    "Hey Bekka! What's up?"

    "Um, I kind of need to, you know, eat," I said.

    "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, but I'm going to the drama play auditions today," she said.

    "Oh, it's all right. I'll call Caroline," I said.

    "She's doing it too."

    "Oh." I was silent.

    "You can call-"

    I cut her off. "I can wait!"

    "Um, no you can't. Remember what happened last time you waited?"

    I groaned.

    "Call Cole!"

    "Grace, honestly-"

    "Call him."

    "Really! It's no trouble! I can-"

    "Bekka, call Cole."

    "I'll just-"

    "Call him!" she demanded.

    "But-but-but! Oh fine!" I grumbled.

    "Great! See you Monday!" she said cheerfully triumphant.

    "Yeah," I grumbled, hanging up.

     Of course. Of course I'm feeling this way morning, and I have to call him. Of course what happened last night was left unexplained, and I have to call him. Of course I'm confused with my feelings for him, and I have to call him. Of course, of course, of course. Of freaking course! Stupid vampire diet.

    Butterflies in my stomach, I hit the 'call' button.

    Ring.

    Don’t pick up.

    Ring.

    Be busy.

    Ring.