Chapter Twenty - Five: Almost Doesn't Count...

Thanks for coming by to read the latest installment...its almost finished guys! Big UPS to all those that have supported and read this ol' story of mine all this time!

Chapter Twenty - Five: Almost Doesn't Count....

Please forgive any mistakes...and you know what else to do. Yes, and thanks!

**********************************************

JASON'S POV:

A little bit over an hour ago we were in our home, we were in the process of making an everlasting promise to each other, I had just given Kim a symbol of my love for her, we were about to embrace one another, then we weren't...she can't start a family with me. Those words stopped everything in its tracks. Now I'm sitting in a hospital room with Kim and Dr. Anthony, yet a again. Only this time I feel like I'm the one who has been played like a damn fool. If I didn't care about going to jail and explaining it all to Avery again, I would beat Dr. Anthony's ass, he deserves it for not being man enough to let me know what was going on with Kim from jump street! I look over at a worry stricken Kim on the patient bed and I know she feels guilty about all this, but why couldn't she just tell me?

I had already told Kim that everything would be okay, that I wouldn't judge her, that we could make it through this. It just really broke my heart when she said she couldn't carry a baby...my baby, our baby. What would happen to her if she did? Would she survive it or would I have to raise our child on my own. I can't imagine my life without her, yet alone our child's life without her. I needed answers so I could know exactly what to expect. I turned to the man who should know it all.

Dr. Anthony sat in his chair with his head down in his hands, "So doc, tell us exactly what will happen to Kim if she chooses to carry the baby? Will she die or what? Don't you think we should know all the consequences we could be facing by choosing to start a family?"

He slowly raised his head to look at me, "Mr. Williams, due to Ms. Johnson's rare and fragile condition, starting a family should not be an option at this time. I know you don't want to lose the baby, but please think about the fact that you may lose Kimberly as well.

"You don't think that I've thought about that already? I would probably die of a broken heart if I lost her, and I've already lost one child. This all seems like a lose for lose situation to me." I stood up to stand in look out the room's window. "You two should have told me about this earlier, especially you Kim, the woman I love. How many more secrets do you honestly think that I can handle?"

"Jason, I didn't want to hurt you more, but I know I did by just not telling you. It wasn't right, but you have to understand this is a lot for me. I want to give you the family that I know you want, the child that you desire, and I can't be selfish in all this. I just honestly don't know what to do."

I turned to face her before speaking again, "I'm not going to pressure you into this decision, just know that I will love you no matter what and you already know that I don't want to lose you. We need to do what my grandmother always said to do when times get hard, pray...pray until something happens. I know God will know what's best for us in this situation." She nodded her head in agreement.

Dr. Anthony stood up from his seat, "Don't get me wrong here, prayer is good and I know God can work anything out, but please know that the longer you wait the more jeopardy you could put yourself and the life of the child in. I guess Jason and I both need to know what you want to do. I'm your doctor and it's my job to make sure you make decisions that are best for your health."

I don't know who the hell doc thinks he is, but he better fall back with that shit! Like I don't know what's best for my woman. Kimberly shook her head, and lowered it to look at her stomach. There was no bump there yet, but she began to rub it slowly. "Jason, I can't give up a part of you again, we made this baby together, and together we will be okay...no matter what right?" He looked up at me as tears streamed from her eyes.

I walked over to the bed where she sat and hugged her, squeezing her tightly, "That's right baby, you my number one and we will be better than okay, we will be great. With everything we've already been through, I have to believe that better is coming you know?" I said the words, but fear crept up my spine...what if I did lose her? God help us.

Dr. Anthony interrupted us by clearing his throat, "Well, I hope you all will be satisfied and happy with the decision you have made. Kimberly, please make follow up appointments with my nurse at the front...I will need to have you in regularly for checkups. I may not agree with this being the best decision, but I will do my best to make sure that you and the baby are healthy. I will see you all soon." Disappointment was written on his face as he left the room.

Kim took my hand, motioning my attention, "You're too good of a man, and I don't know what I did good enough to deserve you. I will try my best to be the best woman for you and mother to our child." She kissed my lips softly, "I still want to be your wife, if you will have me."

I rubbed the ring finger on her left hand, "You're still wearing the ring right? I hope you're ready to have my last name Ms. Williams, because I'm ready to give it to you, especially since you're carrying my seed. I can't have that baby coming into the world still a Johnson...no offense, but this baby will be a Williams."

"Wait a minute, we just got engaged technically...you're already ready? We haven't even told our family yet."

"We can call everyone...my mom, your brother, Camille, Jasmine, my sisters, and whoever else. Make the announcement and they can all meet us in Vegas! I say the sooner the better! So are you ready?"

A smiled crept on her lips and soon lit up her whole face, "Let's do it baby! Me and you, Mr. and Mrs. Jason Williams...I like the sound of that! Should we book a hotel or a flight or something? What about everybody else? What if they can't afford to come?"

"Kim don't worry about all that, you just get a dress in mind okay. I will take care of the bookings and pay for everyone to fly out. I'll call my mom and sisters, go ahead and call your brother and the girls. In two days we'll be out of here."

"Well, I'll get to calling then. But first, can we please get up out this hospital? You know how much I don't like this place." I nodded my head yes and gathered her things to leave. We made sure to make an appointment on our way out for the following week to come see Dr. Anthony for a check up. We left the hospital hand and hand and got into my car. I couldn't help but feel good knowing that we had each other and that was enough.

***********

We decided to invite everyone over to our home for a "family dinner". It was really a setup for us to get everybody together to make our announcement. Kim and I both called those who we felt were important and who needed to be there to share our special day. I called my mom and my two sisters Janet and Janice. Kim called her brother Kendrick, Camille, and Jasmine. They had all agreed to come over and we were than ready to clear the air.

My mom and sisters arrived first. I opened the door to my mom's smiling face and sisters attitudes. "Hey mama...Janet, Janice, what's up with yall?" I said hugging them all.

"Ugh Momma made us leave our cell phones at home. Talking about a family dinner is for the family and we don't need outside interruptions! I could have sworn i was almost grown!" Janice said.

My mom looked at her out the corner of her eye, "I sure did say it..and? That's what I meant too! You keep talking like that and I guarantee you won't make it to be grown. What y'all gonna do about it? Beside y'all just talking to them ol' hard headed ass boys anyway..they can wait!"

Janet put her hand on mom's shoulder, "Alright momma we get it dang! We know Jason and Kim have something to tell us so we're hear. Can we please just go inside now?"

I couldn't do anything but laugh at them, "Y'all come on in. Kimberly is in the kitchen finishing up everything. I hope y'all all like pasta...make yourself at home." They walked in and I could hear them all talking and laughing with Kim once they made it to the kitchen. My mom even offered to finished things up.

I was about to set the table when the door bell rang. It was Kim's brother who arrived next. Kendrick still looked the same from so many years ago. He was truly a mixture of Uncle Ken and Ms. Diane. "Hey what's up my man!" He said giving me a man hug before stepping into the house.

"I'm good bro, how you been." Kendrick and I stood at about the same height, so we were on the same level. He definitely wasn't a little boy anymore.

"Ah man, I'm good you know me...just trying to keep the hunnies in line." He looked around him after it said it, "Don't tell my sister though, she a always wants me to focus and sh.." He was cut off by Kim walking into the room.

"Hey my baby brother! I always want you to focus and what? " She said hugging him tightly.

"Oh naw, I was just telling Jason that you want me to focus and be the best person I can be." He looked over me while saying the last part so I nodded my head to help him out.

"Alright Kendrick, that is true. I hope everything is good with you and that you're taking care of mom."

"Look, mom is fine...she can take care of herself. She misses you though, but that's a different story for a different day. I'm hear for the news so that's all that matters tonight. Now where is the food?"

Kim laughed at him, "it's not ready yet! Wait until everyone gets here. Go on in the living room. And don't try to flirt with Jason's sisters either!" Kendrick walked off with a smirk on his face.

Camille and Jasmine came about ten minutes later. Once everyone had their plates and were at the table talking and laughing, we figured it was as good of time as ever to share our news. Kim decided she would go first.

"Alright everybody, can I have your attention quickly? I want to first think everybody for coming out tonight to share the evening with us, we really do appreciate it. However, we asked you all to come for an announcement." I stood to hold her hand, "Jason and I are expecting a baby with God's blessing, and we are getting married!" Everyone's face showed happiness and concern at the same time as the looked at us.

It was silent for awhile before Camille spoke first, "I think I can speak for everyone when I say we are so happy for the both of you. I knew marriage was soon to come, but Kim...a baby? After what happened I thought it wasn't safe anymore. Are you going to be alright?"

"We are all going to be just fine. I will be going in for regular check ups and doing what's best for me and my baby and my family."

"Alright then sweetie, that's all we needed to hear. You know you will have all our support and help." My mom said as everyone nodded their heads, "So when is the wedding?"

"Ummm yeah that's the other thing, I'm will pay to fly you guys out with us tomorrow morning...to Vegas that is. We want to be one as soon as possible. But thats if Kendrick will let me..."

"Now man you know I approve! Just as long as you make my sister happy, take care of, and respect her, I have no worries or problems with you taking her as your wife."

Everyone cheered us on and agreed to come with us to Vegas for our wedding. It wasn't going to be our dream one, but I promised to give Kim that as soon as the baby comes. What mattered most is that she would be mine and I would have my wife and baby. I was truly about to be the happiest man alive.

Kim and I became ONE on sunny Saturday in May in front if our family and friends...and our minister Rick James at the Little White Chapel in Vegas. The ceremony was fun to say the least, but I just couldn't wait to be with my wife. Kim and I stayed in Vegas for two more days for a mini honeymoon. We smiled and laughed everyday, and for the first time in a long time I actually felt complete.
.

*******************

KIM'S POV:

Six months later...

I still can't believe that I'm someone's wife and that I'm about to be someone's mother in about three months. Life as surely changed, but it has been for the good. I've tried to be the best wife I can be, and I'm so thankful to have Jason as my husband.

Today is my surprise baby shower. Now I wasn't suppose to know, but Camille can't hold water even if it was in a cup! I am feeling good, but I guess my own anxiety is causing me pain. I overlook it as I try to stay calm. Jason thought baby showers were only for women, she he sent me by myself, which was since I wouldn't hear him complaining the whole time.

The shower was at Camille's place and I was really surprised to see all the people who came to support me an my baby. Friends, family, co-workers,they were all there. The biggest surprise however, was to see the one and only...my mom. I don't know who invited her, but she was probably the reason why my nerves were so bad!

I was in the kitchen with Jasmine when she reared her ugly little head. "Kimberly, my sweetheart, could I speak with you for a minute?"

"Umm, yeah I guess so mom. I don't have long though as you can see this is my baby shower." I said as I walked over to her and sat at the table, everyone left as she took a seat at the table as well."

"Sweetheart, I just wanted to say how sorry I am for not supporting you and telling you the whole truth in regards to your dad, our marriage, your life, and your half sister. I look at you now and I am so happy and proud of the woman you have become. You are a wife and mother now. Your dad would be so proud of you too. I can understand if you don't want anything to do with me, but I ask that you please let me have a chance of knowing my grandchild and help you through motherhood. I came here today to apologize and ask for a chance."

I took her hand in mine before speaking, "Mom no matter what, you will always be my mother. There will never be anything you can do or say to change that. I respect you and I still love you for that. I'm in a great place in my life right now and I don't need anyone trying to take that away. I would never deny you the chance of knowing your grandchild. However, you have to change and work on yourself. Learn how to care for and be on my side more if you can, don't hide things from me, and just be real. That's the mom I've always known and never wanted to change." Tears rolled down both of our eyes, "I hope you plan on staying for the shower mom, we have plenty of room for you."

"Of course I will sweetie. I know you're a great wife and will be a great mother soon. By the way, I can tell by the way you're carrying that baby what you're having...but I will stay quiet. Jason is going to be so happy!" She smiled helping me up from the table.

Mom decided to stay, and I can't believe it, but I'm glad she did. The shower was so much. Everything was yellow, sky blue, and baby green since Jason and I decided to not know the sexy of the baby until its birth date. I thanked everyone for their support and thoughtfulness, it made me feel special knowing that the cared so much.

When I arrive home I immediately told Jason about the shower. "Babe you wouldn't believe who was at the shower!"

"Your mom I'm guessing..she called earlier and I told her about the shower and where to go. I'm glad she could make it." Well now I who invited her, and I'm glad he did.

"Good move baby, I actually enjoyed her being there."

It wasn't until I got back home to show Jason everything we got, that the pain returned. I wanted to make love to my husband, but I couldn't. Jason rocked me to sleep that night...I only got to rest for a few hours. Our lives were about to change forever.

*******************

This is the second to last last chapter everyone. I hope this chapter was worth the wait, and that you enjoyed it! The last chapter will be written and uploaded sometime this week.
Let me hear from you :) thanks for reading!