Chapter Six: Say what?...

CHAPTER SIX....Say What?

Read, comment, vote, and fan!!! Please forgive any mistake...will edit later.

**************************************************

JASON'S POV

This nigga was still just sitting there behind this glass staring at me. I probably shouldn't call my own pops nigga, but after what he had done to our family and Uncle Kenneth's family, he deserved to be called a nigga, and must worst. I was getting tired of the bull.

I leaned forward and tapped the glass in front of his face while still holding the phone, "ay, what's yo problem? I need you to speak, not just sit here and stare at me!"

He squinted his eyes briefly before he spoke, "what do you want to know about him? I've already told you what was up.."

"You didn't tell me anything, I found out from mom! Don't be scared to speak now, you already been convicted and locked up for your crime!"

"He was my best friend lil nigga...you think it was easy doing what I had to do? Knowing how that would tear me away from you all, my family?"

"Pops, you were not thinking about us when you did this, you were only thinking about yourself and your business. That's why you did it right for the business? I guess the business was your life."

"I didn't hear yo ass complaining when the business was supplying for you! Buying you everything you, moms, and your sisters ever wanted and then some! And the business...you apart of the business too right? You think I don't know. I got eyes up in here too."

"My business is my business and it ain't none of yours..."

He cut me off before I could speak, "I taught you everything you know about the business! You just made it better with your connections you got over the years and over seas, I guess it pays better than the service ay?"

"You don't know me, don't act like you do. I get mines and that's all you need to know! Now tell me about my Uncle Kenneth...why did you have to do it?"

He hung his head before he spoke, then looked me straight in the eyes, "I told him not to do it, that I could have just given him what he needed. All he had to do was ask and it would be his. He had stopped running his side of business due to Diane's sickness and started to run low on money, but I had his back...." he trailed off for a minute.

"Come on man, I don't have all day, just tell me."

"Diane was like a sister to me and I just wanted to help him. He told me one night that instead of him taking the shipment he received and sending it over to his "man" ..he was gonna keep it and sell on the streets himself for some quick money. I told him no, not to do it, but he did it anyway. We had a pact long ago that we wouldn't let this money get to our heads, that we wouldn't sell the drugs at all. He had his mind made up and I let him do it. But then, he start taking my shit and accusing me of being the one stealing from my guy and selling."

I thought for a minute..."wait, I remember when we were younger...me, Shannon, and Alicia were outside talking and that dude came by and hem you up on your own ride, pointing a gun at your head. Was that because of him?"

"Yeah it was, I almost lost my life that day. Ken wrote a check that his ass couldn't cash after a while. Since he put me and my family's life in danger, I had to let him know that shit wouldn't fly. Don't think I just went over to him and killed me right then and there. We starting talking and he starting poppin' off, telling me to fuck myself and my family! He didn't care what he was saying. He had the nerve to pull a gun on me and say that if I didn't leave him alone and cover his back he would kill me."