Chapter Sixteen: Judgement...

Thanks for stopping by to read my story!! What's up to my Faithfuls and New Fans!!! Don't won't to say too much, just want to jump right in. Hope this will be a good read for y'all. 

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES...will edit later on.

Chapter Sixteen: Judgement...

****************************************************

JASON'S POV:

Believe it or not, despite my lifestyle and career this was my first time being in the backseat of a police car. I stayed as professional as I could with my dealings so I would never get caught up. I found out that the officer that arrested me was named Miller from the dispatcher calls. Officer Miller seemed like a respectful guy, unlike the other crooked cops I know. He tried to talk a little bit with me on the ride over to Lew Sterrett Justice Center for booking, but I didn't respond at all. Anything I said would more than likely be used against me. I had only heard about Lew Sterrett, and you know I hated prison so I never wanted to be up in there. I hoped and prayed I wouldn't be there long enough for them to hand me that orange jumpsuit!

The ride over was quick because Lew Sterrett was just Downtown, not far from me at all. Officer Miller parked the car in the back of the building and came around to my side to open the door and  walk me in. As soon as I walked in the stench of dirty people, urine, and vomit hit my nose. To make matters worst, I had to sit on a bench smelling all that shit and wait for booking to call my name. After about half an hour, "Jason Tremaine Williams please step forward to the counter" a female officer called from the office in front of the bench. I walked over to booking where a male officer, Hernandez, and female officer Jackson directed me through a metal detector, removing any metals I had on my body. That meant the piece I carried in my back and the one from my leg, my chain, keys, watch, and ring that my grandmother have me when I was a kid. They took my fingerprints, mugshots, and read my Miranda rights again. I turned to Hernandez when they were done, "Can I get my phone call please?" I said. "Yeah you can. Go wait in line over there by the phone." I walked over to the line still in handcuffs.

I didn't mind waiting to use the phone because that meant it would take me longer to get behind bars. Once my turn came I contemplated who I was going to call. They only gave me five minutes for the call so I had to be quick. I decided to make two calls in that time. I dialed my attorney James Avery. He answered after one ring as usual, "Hello this is James Avery." He said. "Avery it's me Jason Williams. I need you to come down to Lew Sterrett. I got charged for assault and I need your help." He paused before speaking, "I'll be there . Don't speak or answer any questions until I get there." He disconnected the call before I could speak again.

I still had about four minutes left for my phone call since Avery spoke so damn quick all the time. There was only one person I wanted to call, although I may regret it later. Hell I might have all night to sit and think about her and what just went down between us anyway, I might as well give my conscious a break! I dialed the number as quickly as I could, hoping she would not answer...I heard the phone get picked up and swallowed my pride.

"Hello, who is this?" She answered in confusion. 

"It's me Kimberly, Jason."

"Why are you calling me? Better yet, why the hell are you calling me from jail? How did you get there?"

"Look I don't have time for all these questions. I wanted to speak with you okay, that's why I called you damn. I made a mistake and I need you to call my mom. Just let her know that the book is in the cabinet turning brown and she needs to bring it out."

She paused, "What the hell does that mean? The book is in the cabinet turning brown and she needs to bring it out?"

"Just call and tell her want I said Kimberly, she will understand it." I paused for a moment when the recording let us know we only had one minute remaining. "Please do this for me alright. My lawyer will be here soon...so I shouldn't have to stay to long. I still love you no matter what. Take care of yourself."