Chapter Seventeen: Accusations

What's up Peeps!! Thanks so much for coming by to read a new chapter of my story :))) Short and to the point, you all wanted more...so here you go! This one may be short, but I know you'll enjoy it!

Here we go! Chapter Seventeen: Accusations....

PLEASE EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES...READ/COMMENT/VOTE

****************************************************************

JASON'S POV:

Scenes of my favorite show Law & Order kept running through my head as I sat in court. I thought about all the evidence that the lawyers always seemed to find to convict the sucka that did the crime. My case had some form of evidence too; at least that's what I was told. If my plea and case goes anyway like it does on television, I may be shit out of luck. Once again, I never thought I would be the one in this hot seat waiting for judgment and possible punishment. Then again, these past few months has been drama caused by other people in my life. But, I did do the crime; if that's what you want to call getting revenge on a nigga that deserved it...I had to do the time. All I know, Avery better get off his ass and work some magic because prison is not for me.

Judge Moorehouse continued to look over the documents that were placed on the podium by the baliff after he heard my plea. I mean damn, by the way and time this was going you would think I was on trial for hurting Greg's bitchass. Juge Moorehouse cleared his throat out loud, "Mr. Williams, the court has heard your plea, but as you know by national law, you are innocent until proven guilty. I have been told that you were arrested this past Friday evening and have spent over fourty-eight hours behind bars. That being said, let's get this show on the road so that a proper verdict can be given on your behalf." What the hell? Judge up there is already having too much fun on my behalf. Judge Moorehouse looked up and over at Greg's lawyer on his right, "Mr. Spade, where is your client?"

Spade stood up and fixed his suit and tie before speaking, he looked scared as hell, "Ummm yes Your Honor, he has chosen to decline this invitation. He stated that he fears his life at the hands of Mr. Williams. I will be representing him of course in his absence." I smirked at this stupidity. Both Greg and his dumbass lawyer could kiss my ass!

"Mr. Spade, we all know that you will represent him. You client has the right to decline this invitation, but it would have been best for him to attend, as he states he was harmed by Mr. Williams, he himself is his own evidence." He shook his head, "Mr. Williams is a vet of the Armed Services, who of course may have been trained to harm others to fight for our country's freedom. There are particular steps and evidence that is needed to accuse him of such a crime, as his punishment may be greater of less than civilians. Let's hope you and your client have a silent case." I heard my mom say, "good try" under her breath after the judge spoke. The judge turned back down to his documents.

Avery grabbed my arms, signaling me to lean my ear over to him. "Jason, you have a good chance here now. We both know what you did, but if the evidence is not valid, Spade is going to have to have one hell of a solid case to get you convicted. Just let me do most of the talking okay?" I nodded my head. Avery was one hell of a lawyer, who charged one hell of price. I didn't mind paying him what he was indeed worth. He would take care of business, he always does.

Avery stood to honor and face the judge, "Your Honor, as my client has plead guilty of the crime against Mr. Gregory Lawerence, we are interested in a bargain of anger management and community service if it is possible. We know that the defendent is a respectful citizen of this nation. This crime or assault as mentioned by Counsellor Spade, was out of his character, clearly can be seen as self defense for his own safety."

"Self defense? Counsellor Avery, no accusations or pretenses can be made at this time until we are able to hear and see all evidence. This should be quick, so you and defendant Williams should be able to have a clear verdict." Avery sat back down once he heard this. It seemed like he was too excited to make things happen. Man I hope I get off from his. The juge looked back over at Spade before speaking again, "Counsellor, I suggest you present the evidence on the your client's bebalf os that this can go as smoothly as possible."