Chapter Twenty-Four: All In Time...

It took forever...but Fight For Love is back!!!
Chapter Twenty-Four: All In Time...
I hope you enjoy :) please excuse any mistakes!

******************************

KIM'S POV:

Two months later....

"Jason please hurry up in the bathroom so that I can pee! Why does it take you so long every morning?" Twenty minutes had already passed and I swear I thought my bladder was going to burst. Yes, there were other bathrooms in the house, but this one was closer and cleaner.

He stays silent for a moment before responding, "Kim shut the hell up! Last time I checked I have to be at work an hour earlier than you do and I woke up before you. So wait your turn!"

"I wait on you all the damn time and you know as soon as I get up I need to pee, you should know this routine by now. I could have stayed in my own house if I knew you would make me late every morning!" I hear the toilet flush and his footsteps coming towards the door now.

He opens the door to look at me with a face of anger, "You don't have to say all that shit this early in the morning! Yeah I know your routine, but hell what about me? Don't I deserve a routine? Sometimes you can be so selfish. I didn't put a gun to your head to make you move in, I asked and you accepted. If you want to go back to your place, then go! If not...wait your turn I'm almost done!"

He moved from in front of the door, leaving it open as he stood in front of the sink to brush his teeth. He motioned for me to come in and I rushed to the toilet to pee. I looked up at him, "I'm sorry, you know I didn't mean it. I love being here with you and I love you." I smiled but I don't think he saw it.

"You need to watch and think about the words you say before you speak. And I love your big head too. I'm gonna head out alright. Be careful and have a good day. I'll call you later." He kissed my forehead and left the bathroom, closing the door behind him. I finished up and was able to use the bathroom in peace.

It was about a month ago when I finally decided to take Jason up on his offer for us to move in together. We both decided that we should stay at his house since it was already paid for and the perfect size to raise a family in. Due to my situation though, raising a family was my last priority and Jason's first. I just wanted us to be together and be happy.

I haven't told Jason about my problem yet. I've taken every precaution on my part, so I figured
just as long as I didn't become pregnant...everything should be good. Call me selfish or what have you, but I was doing what I thought was best for Jason as well. I didn't want to break his heart again...God knows I've done enough of that to last a lifetime. He deserves the truth and he will have it...sooner or later.

I heard Jason leave out the garage door to his car about twenty minutes later. I followed after to my car ten minutes later. My drive to work was a good one with lighter traffic than usual for a Monday morning, but I was thankful for the break since work has been so stressful lately. Ms. Natalie, my supervisor, is one stern and strict woman. She's been putting me on every case that involves visitation by state officials for infant safety. She said I was good at it due to my social skills. I think she was just trying to be hard on me.

This morning was no different, except that fact that my stomach and nerves were killing me. I noticed the pain earlier but just brushed it off. If it continued throughout the day I would make an appointment with Dr.Anthony for sure. Despite the pain, I had work to do. I was assigned to Jarvis Watkin's Mental Institute today to meet with Ms. Tillman, one of my kids parent. She worked there and the only time she could meet with me was only her lunch break. I didn't mind because I knew she was a good person and parent, just need a second chance like we all do at times. I clicked in at work and left from my department to take the thirty minute drive to the facility.

When I arrived I had to go through security before meeting Ms. Tillman at the door. She wore a smile on her face, "Hi Ms.Johnson, thanks so much for meeting me at work. I promise not to keep you too long."

She shakes my hand once I got closer, "Oh you're fine Ms. Tillman. I'm here for us to discuss Devon and how he's doing so all is good. You actually have me for a good three hours if need be."

"Well thank you Ms.Johnson for your patience and help. I'm on my way to lunch, do you mind following me to my office so I can get my badge? I left it on my desk. You can just follow me in."

"Sure that's fine. Lead the way." I say with a smile. Once we both clear security, we walked through the halls of the facility. I have to admit that I was a little uneasy and still feeling sick at the stomach. I try not to visit facilities like this one because it really does break my heart to see others in this condition...damn near out their mind if they haven't already lost it. Any one if them could easy be with all the crap I've been through. I just thank God for keeping me level headed.

Ms. Tillman stops in the hall and turns to look at me, motioning me to follow a little closer behind her. "Ms. Johnson my office is right at the end of this hall. We're almost there, just stick close by me...the people in here can get a little crazy."

I smile at her comment and quicken my pace until I saw her. She sat in a chair near a window wearing a medium length white gown, her brown hair wild on her head, her nails bitten down to the skin, scars on her body and dark eyes. She rocked back in forward in the chair mumbling words to herself. Even though she may be unrecognizable to some, I know who she is. Despite our bad history, I never wanted to see Tasha like this and in a place like this. I'm just frozen in the hallway staring at her. I can see Ms. Tillman walk back to stand at my side out the corner of my eye.

"Ms. Johnson what's wrong?" Her eyes follow my direction, " Do you know Tasha from somewhere?"

So it is her, "Yes, yes I do. She used to be my best friend. She's also my half sister. She's been missing for a couple of months now...no one knew where she went. I never thought she would be here."

"I'm so sorry to hear that and I'm sorry that you had to find out about your sister this way. She's been here for about two months now. She was referred here by her doctor at that time."

"Referred here? Why? What happened to her that would bring her to a mental institute?"

"Well she was found like this by a friend in her boyfriend's house. It looked like she had been injected with something that caused damage to her mental capacity. Whatever it was drove her crazy and she began to hurt herself while she was in the hospital. There was nothing the staff there could do, so they sent her here. She's been doing better, keeping to herself and speaking her own language, but she's doing better."

"Boyfriend? I didn't know she had one. Does anyone know where he is or if he had something to do with it?"

"No trace of him. But she calls out his name, Bernard I believe, every now and then. I'm sure he did it to her because she points at the injection bruise after she calls his name. She'll never be the same after this." Ms. Tillman shakes her head and hangs it low. She continues on to her office as I walk slowly over to Tasha. She turns away when I get near her, but I continue to move closer and take a seat in front of her.

"Hi Tasha. Didn't think I would run into you here. What are you doing here anyway girl...I know this place isn't your style. I hope you're okay Tasha or will be okay. Whoever hurt you will pay I'm sure...but you have..." Before I could finish she started screaming her lungs out. She jumped up and ran down the hall and before I knew it male nurses her pinning her down to the ground.

Tears ran down my eyes as I saw Tasha being treated this way...then the pain came back. Only this time I ran to the nearest restroom to vomit. I don't know what had come over me, but I'm making an appointment as soon as possible to get checked. Ms. Tillman and I finished our meeting within forty five minutes. Since I had time to kill, I called Dr. Anthony's office and set up an appointment for Wednesday evening. Hopefully he would be able to tell me what was going on with my body.

I called Jason on my break and told him about my day and Tasha. He couldn't believe that she was there and had basically lost her mind. What had me suspicious however was the pause he gave when I mentioned her boyfriend's name Bernard. Maybe he knew him or knew of him. I didn't address it with him because I had more important things to think about...like what was wrong with me.

"So baby I made an appointment today to go see Dr. Anthony on Wednesday. I haven't been feeling too well and I want to make sure everything is okay."

"Alright baby, just let me know how everything goes and if you need anything. Hopefully everything is fine. Maybe it's that taco salad you called yourself making from scratch mamacita!" He laughed at his own joke.

"Don't laugh too soon you, you may be next with the stomach virus!"

"Naw not I, I have a stomach of steel. But anyway, if you can, come home right after work...I have a special evening in store for my baby and I can't wait to see you."

"Awww look at you boo! I'll be there ASAP I promise. I don't like surprises, but I can't wait to see what it is. See you later sweetheart." He said his goodbyes as well. I had no idea what it could be, but I had something to tell him as well. God give me strength.

When I made it home and walked through the door rose pedals were spread throughout the house. From the foyer into every direction of the house, leading me to different destinations. I chose the direction that lead to a small box that was sitting on the coffee table in the living area. "Oh my God! It can't be." I thought to myself as I heard Jason's footsteps and felt his arms wrap around my waist.

He placed kisses up and down my neck as he bent down to pick up the box. "Go ahead and say yes...you know you want to." He smiled as he kneeled down on one knee in front of me, "Kimberly Denae Johnson, without you there is no me. We have had many ups and down in our relationship, but I wouldn't change a thing because it brought us closer together as one. You complete my heart by making me whole. I thank God for who you are and for bringing you back into my life. Would you please make me the happiest man again for the second time in my life and say yes to being my wife and having my heart forever and ever?" He opened the Kay's Jewelry box to a white gold, princess cut, diamond centered and imprinted ring. It looked to be an easy six carats. My heart melted at his words and this gorgeous ring.

"Baby, you know my answer is already yes." He slipped the ring on my finger and smiled at me...standing up to kiss me my lips. When we stopped kissing, I continued to speak, "I feel the same way about you...but I have something to tell you baby. I want to spend the rest of my life with you and this ring is so beautiful. But I can't start a family with you."

"What do you mean you can't start a family with me? That's what married couples do."

"I can't because I can't carry...." I was cut off by the pain that shot through my body. I began to fall to the floor before Jason caught me. "Babe take me to the hospital please."

Dr. Anthony met us at the door. Jason had called him on our way in and it just so happened that he was on duty tonight. We had already been there for two hours when Dr. Anthony met us in the room with numerous test results. I sat on the edge of the bed waiting for my verdict. Hopefully some pain killers could make everything better.

Dr. Anthony sat on a rolling chair on the side of Jason and I. He looked down to read his notes before speaking, "well Ms. Johnson..despite my warning you are pregnant. The pain and vomiting is all due to the baby. As you know you body will take this roughly and you have lots of decisions to make."

Jason looked at him sternly, "what the hell do you mean despite your warning doc? Looks like God has given us a second chance to our baby."

"Mr. Williams, a baby is a blessing, but it seems like Kimberly has not told you the whole story. A baby is not a good thing in this manner."

Jason turns to face me as I sit on the bed in shock. How in the hell was I pregnant again with everything I've done to prevent it? This was crazy, but Jason had to know. "Jason baby, I can't carry a child, it may cause me my life. The first time was a warning to my body. I dont know what could happen this time. But I rather share this happiness with you and give you the family you want."

"Kimberly without you there is no family. You keep yet another thing from me...like I will judge you for it or something. That's not fair. You're sick..now what do we do?" I could see the tears fill his eyes, but he wouldn't let them fall. "I still want you to be my wife, that's not going to change. I guess everything will be alright."

Dr. Anthony just placed his head in his hands. To be honest, I didn't know what to do. One thing was for sure, I would not lose another baby.

*************************

That's the end of Chapter Twenty-Four. I hope it was worth the long wait. The next and second to last chapter will be up asap!!!! Remember to COMMENT, VOTE, SHARE, AND FAN! Let me hear from you!