seventeen

ANONYMOUS POV

"I just told Harry that we are an hour out of the city." I slid my phone back into my pocket looking at Calum.

He had agreed to confess to the police about the entire ordeal, after hearing Harry's story his tune changed about confessing. Maybe telling him about Harry and the reason I needed him played in my favor but this wasn't all over just yet. Zayn's men where looking for me, trying to sniff me out and I couldn't get caught before I had closed all of this.

"So why are you doing this for Harry?" Calum asked me while keeping his dark brown eyes on the road lit up by the headlights.

"Does it matter?" I folded my arms across my chest not wanting to open up about all of this to him. I hated opening up to others these days with so much that could be exposed, so much that could endanger me.

"Hey, I'm most likely going to jail after this, I'm pretty sure you can spill the details between you and this guy to me." Calum looked over at me for a few seconds before moving his gaze back to the road. He was right, this was a huge favor for me on his part and after all he was about to go through what could him knowing hurt?

"Fine." I sighed taking in a breath before getting re situated in my seat. Finding comfort in my change of position I closed my eyes trying to figure out where to start. "Alright, you don't know me or anything I have done but in summary I have done a lot of shitty things to a lot of people. Harry being on the top of the list, I wanted to give back to him. I screwed up his entire life with some of the choices I chose and it wasn't fair that he was caught in the crossfire. If I could pull all of this off for him and help him get his daughter back that would be just a start to what I owe to him."

"What did you do?" Calum became more engaged in the conversation regarding my life and past mistakes that had lead me to this moment.

"The question is what didn't I do?" My eye narrowed in on the road thinking back to every memorable mistake I had made. I had done so many wrongs I hated that my mind reeled back to all of these flawed memories, the ones I can even remember. I had wasted away my life with anything that could get me high, that could get me distracted from reality.

"You were really that shitty of a person?" Calum asked arching a brow looking back at me for confirmation on the character I was explaining.

"Calum, I ruined an entire persons life! If I would have never met him non of what has happened over the past couple years would have never happened. I was the reason for everything that happened to him!"

My cheeks flushed red out of embarrassment even though Calum would never see the burning color in my cheeks. The sky was pitch dark with stars scattering the night sky like a million blinking lights. Getting away from the city was refreshing once in a while, the desert landscapes enveloping you with the open roads and quiet nights.

"You can't be too hard on yourself, I took away someones life and ruined the lives of others he knew." I looked over at Calum searching for something I wasn't sure I was looking for.

Calum and I had similar issues with ruining people. He had not only killed Ashton but also ruined the ones that cared about Ashton's life. I could see the regret that he held in his body, it weighed him down knowing that the entire thing could have been avoided. I felt the similar weight in my chest, it all felt heavy but maybe that was the price of what I had done to others. Maybe we were supposed to feel this way because this is the consequence of becoming a human tornado. I was a hurricane, I destroyed everything in my path. I wanted to change and made a great effort to change my old ways but I was who I was and that in most cases was a disaster. I was a ticking time bomb, a hurricane, a tsunami, and there was nothing I could do to change that. All I could do now was try and repair the damage I had done.