Colours (1/2)

Word count: 2351

Trigger warning: CUTE. MAY CRY BC TOO CUTE AT THE END. Or craft... Bring paper and scissors.

Summary: Dan and Phil live in a time where colours don't exist, unless you find 'the one'. The only way to see colour is to touch your soul mate. Dan has a huge crush on Phil, and it turns out Phil is 'the one' for him. He never knew Phil felt the same way. 
18 years later they have done so much together... and Dan finally has the courage to ask Phil an important question. 

A/N: A part 2 of this or nah? I would love to write a part 2 of this. Just leave a comment if you want a part 2. :) Oh and the song is for Phil's POV. 

Colours.

 We all see them right? That is what we are supposed to see. Well, not any more. We don't get to see colour. Well, not until we find our partner. Our soul mate. The one we were made for. We all have one, and they are out there somewhere. 

I isolate myself a lot. To see in colour, you have to touch your partner. To make some kind of contact... What if I touch someone, then lose them? That could be my chance to find the one... forever.

You see, something in the universe switched. A long time ago, the world was changed by one person, and instead of people seeing this as a bad thing, they instead saw it as a blessing. Being able to see in colour when you find 'the one'. We could either live alone for the rest of our lives, or find someone who we will never be able to see the world for what it really is, because they aren't our match. We could even pass in the street, then lose them. Or accidentally touch hands, and have no clue who the oner was. You get it right? 

You will then also understand how much I think this entire thing sucks. I see it as a curse. Most of the people in my school, haven't found the one yet. Some use my tactic, and stay away from others. Most just go around trying to find their match. To see if their match is in the school. It's stupid really.

There is one boy, that is literally all of my classes... that I wish was my match. He brags that he has found the one, but has never spoken about being able to see in colour. A part of me is saying he is lying, that I still have a chance to find out. Another is telling me I'm being stupid. That he has found his match and I should let it go.

Problem is, I'm attached to him. No, we don't talk to each other, but the way he will glance over at me, and smile... or he will look away just as I'm looking at him. I can't help but notice him. I feel like a girl sometimes. I feel like I can't breath just from walking past him in the corridor. He has always been my secret little crush. My tiny bit of happiness, that I don't tell anyone about.

Just seeing him smile makes me forget about the world we live in now. "So, some of you know what the colours are named and look like-" I wish I knew what the colour blue looked like. Or green? Yellow even? It's hard to describe a colour. You can't really describe colours, without using it's name. You need to be able to see it. I can't. I wonder what the colour pink looks like... or purple. 

My thoughts died, as I was at my locker. I grabbed my books and closed it. I turned to see him, staring at me. We lock eyes for a millisecond before his eyes are on one of his friends. He's talking... laughing. Smiling. My lips curled into a smile at the sight of his laugh. He looked at me again and my eyes widened. I turned and walked off, hearing the bell. I walked to first class and got there first. 

The day started awkward, but it went on fine. It was a pretty regular day. Work, stare at Phil, work some more and then think about him. He would never want to be with someone like me would he? 

5th lesson came around slowly but eventfully. "Sir, can I go to the toilet please?" The teacher turned to look at me, still talking to the class and nodded. I got up and walked out, walking down the hall to the toilets slowly. I felt someone grab my arm and blinked to turn and look at them.