Being by your side is the best part of life.

Dan's POV

Word Count: 612

Trigger warning: None.

This is it.

Today is they day I'm going to do it.

I thought to myself, as I set up my camera. I couldn't keep my wide grin off my face. I sat on my bed after turning it on.

"Hello guys... today." I looked down, my smile still present. "I have a special video to make. For the one I love." I looked back at the camera. "Phil?! Come to my room pleaaaase?" I shouted and tried my best to wipe the smile off my face and make it a casual smile.

He walked down the hallway, each step making my heart beat faster and the feeling of butterflies in my tummy. "Yeah Dan?" He looked at me and saw the smile plastered on my face. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get rid of it. He smiled at me as he walked over.

"Why are you so happy?" He asked me. I looked at him as he sat by my side, and turned my body towards him. "Phil..." The smile had faded a little as I calmed myself down, and the feeling of being nervous set in.

I took a deep breath before speaking again. "Phil... You are the best person I have ever met. you are adorable, you are kind, your are... let's say not the smartest tool in the shed, but that's what I like about you. Even when you have a silly moment, you learn to laugh it away." I took another deep breath.

"Dan, are you oka-" I cut him off. "Phil, the first time I saw one of you videos, I fell in love straight away. I wanted to be friends with you so bad. Yes it sounds cliché as heck but it's true. I still remember the long skype calls we had until late at night. The first time we met at the train station. Our first hug. The time I moved in with you. Life couldn't be better Phil. If I had never met you.. I would have been studying law... probably ending up in a melt down..." We both laughed a little at this part, but Phil had tears in his eyes. I did too.

"You saved me Phil. You cheered me up. You made my life happier. You showed me the good side to life. You showed me what it's like to live, laugh, and love." I got to my feet, reaching into my pocket to take out a small box. I got down on one knee and opened it to show a ring. "Phil, i don't know where life will take us, but being by your side is the best part of life... Philip Micheal Lester, will you marry me?" He was crying now and nodding. "Yes Dan."

He threw his arms around me as I stood up. I hugged him back and held him in my arms tight. 

* * *

I was in my own world, thinking of the day I asked him. The day I asked him to marry me. I would say that it was the best day of my life... but to be honest... the real best day of my life is now. Today.

"Dan?" Phil asked in a whisper, his smile fading a little. "I do." I smiled at him when I had been pulled from my day dream world. I was't listening to the rest, I only heard, "I do." Before we both moved in together. Sharing yet another kiss.

When we pulled away, cheering and clapping was heard but i stayed focused on looking into Phil's eyes. "I love you Phil."

"I love you too Dan."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you guys liked this. :)

~Jo<3