Storms

Word Count: 708

Trigger Warning: Fluff i guess? xD

Summary: Dan is lying in bed, just nodding off to sleep when he hears a thunderstorm starting. He knows that Phil can't stand thunderstorms and goes into his room to comfort him.

A/N:
I'm going to start writing summaries in the beginning of oneshots, so if you don't get what is going on you will. If you see them as a spoiler then skip reading the summary. xD

Hope you enjoy the one shot guys.
Love you all,
~Jo<3

At first, I thought a bin had fallen over. No, it was the thunder. Loud and clear. The lightening illuminated my room, giving my vision for a split second before another roll of thunder. I am not really fazed by thunder storms. I'm not one of those people who would want to go outside with a thunder storm, nor do I hate it to the point I am terrified... but they don't bother me.

Phil on the other hand, hates storms. He gets to the point where he becomes a crying mess. I pulled my bed covers from myself, letting the cold air hit me sending a shiver through me. I sat up and let my feet touch the floor, pushing myself to my feet. I padded over to my door and opened it, walking down to Phil's room. 

I listened and hear quiet sobs coming from inside. I knocked on the door softly. "Phil? You okay in there?" I asked quietly. His sobs got a little louder, so I pushed the door open and shut it again behind me, slowly walking over to his bed in case I fall over something he left on his floor. 

I climbed into his bed beside him. "Come here Phil." I whispered to him, and he turned to face me, instantly cuddling into me. His face burying into my shirt. 

He wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight. As if I would just vanish into thin air if he let me go. I was stroking his hair to calm him down and rubbing his back gently, telling him that he is okay. "Don't worry Phil, I'm here. I won't let anything happen to you."

This may sound weird, but sometimes I wish thunderstorms would happen more often. That sounds mean... okay. Me and Phil are best friends, and live in an apartment together. We both met over the internet and he got me into being a YouTuber. 

Ever since I first got the chance to hug him 7 years ago, I loved him. I want to ask him to be my boyfriend... as cheesy as that sounds. I have never really had the courage to. I dropped small hints that I liked him I guess, but he never picked up on them. So I stopped. Now the only time I can hold him close, and be like this with him... is when there's a storm.  

The sobbing had very slowly died down, and I was still trying to comfort him just in case. The storm had gotten louder at some point, but then gone quiet. 

"Dan?" His voice was quiet and breaking a little from all the crying. "Yes Phil?" I looked Down at him as he was looking up at me. "Thank you for being here... I know it's really childish for being scared of storms, but thanks for putting up with it." I chuckled quietly.

"It's not your fault Phil. It's just a part of you... I wouldn't have you any other way." I smiled, then without thinking kissed his forehead lovingly. "You can't help it that you hate thunder storms. A lot of people are scared of them." He didn't seem to notice what I did, but to be fair neither did I.

"Dan?" His voice was quiet and calmer than before. "Yeah Phil?" He looked away from me, shy for some reason. "I love you Dan." I knew he didn't mean it the way I wanted him to.

"I love you too Phil." He shook his head. "You don't understand... I love you Dan." Okay... I was wrong. I smiled and lifted his head so he looked at me. "Phil. I love you too." I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. He leaned up and quickly placed a soft kiss on my lips. He then curled up to me again, his head on my chest.

I smiled, slowly falling asleep with Phil in my arms. The thunderstorm took a while to die out completely, but he felt safe being by my side. I knew it. He didn't care about a quite loud ripple of thunder. He was sound asleep. With him being out like a light beside me, I knew it was okay to go to sleep myself.