Please Don't Walk// Dave

After you were rudely dumped, not fully dumped, but it was over. You caught you boy- ex boyfriend dry humping another girl. You walked home, but home was over 10 miles away. You weren't exactly happy with the distance, but you didn't mind. You had some things to think about.

You're pulled from your thoughts abruptly when a blue car stops beside you. You immediately recognize it as Dave's car, your best friend.

"Get in the car." He yells through the window.

"I'm fine Dave, go home." You replied.

"Please get in the car."

"My legs work perfectly fine."

"Dammit y/n please don't walk."

You stop, getting into his car. "Fine."

The ride home was silent, until he pulled into my driveway.

"Why didn't Stephan drive you home?" Dave asks as he puts the car in park.

"He was hooking up with someone else." You avoid his eyes.

"What?" he gaps. "Are you serious?"

"It doesn't matter."

"It does matter y/n! He cheated on you and you shrug it off like it's nothing."

"Dave seriously I don't need this." You started to open the door but he reached over and slammed it back shut.

"You have to stop trusting him," he says. "He just breaks your heart."

"Dammit Dave!" you snap. "I don't need you there every time to pick me up, I'm okay Dave. I'm always okay."

"That's it y/n," he runs a hand through his hair. "I want to be there to pick up the pieces."

You get out of the car, starting to walk inside but he grabs your hand, pulling you back into him, his lips on yours.

"I love you y/n." He stares into your eyes.

"Dave," you say. "You don't get to do that."

"I can because I love you, okay?" he tears up. "Is that what you wanted to hear? I love you so much, I love picking up your pieces. I love talking to you in the middle of the night. I love late night rides, just us two. I love you."

You pull his lips back onto yours, finally realizing your feelings for him.
"How could I have been so blind?" You mumbled against his lips.

You giggle quietly and pull him up the stairs of your house and into your room, shutting the door behind you.