Pregnant?// Thomas

Every month the box came up with supplies, things like water, cattle, stuff for building, things like that. But when you came up with them, a girl, everything changed, not only supplies came up but for things for you as well now. You know...girly things. They picked on you for those things, they thought it was funny to do that.

But with Thomas, he wasn't like those snobby other boys who were so hormonal that they always had their hands all over you. He was different. He protected you from them, he made you feel so special, needed, protected.

So yes, you guy became "official," a "thing," you loved Thomas.

So you wanted to show him how much you loved him.

One thing led to another..nudge nudge.

So when the box came up, and there was a new box, everyone was curious. When the box was opened, that curiousness was intensified by 20.

Pregnancy tests. Vitamins. Pillows. New clothes.

Of course, since you were the only girl, everyone looked up at you. Since you were with Thomas, you looked at him.

You grabbed the box and ran towards the shower, falling onto your knees, head in your hands. You couldn't be pregnant, that would ruin everything. You wanted to get home, not have a kid, that would put everything we would have done off by at least a year.

Tears cascaded down your face as you slipped the pregnancy test out of the package.

You followed the instructions, waiting 10 minutes before turning it over and seeing the small + sign on it.

A strangled sob escaped your mouth as you chucked the stick across the room. You couldn't do this. You couldn't have a baby.

You saw them in the corner of the box. They could end it right now, the risk, the mistake growing inside you right now. You snatched them out. A small bottle with the words 'Abortion Pills' across the middle.

You eyeballed them, tears still plastered on your cheeks. You felt his arms wrap around you, slowly pulling the bottle from your hands.

"It's not a mistake," he says, squatting in front of you. "It's not."

You looked up at him through your tears, his brown eyes staring into yours.

"We can do it," he says, putting both hand on either side of your face. "We can do it babe."

You nod, wiping the tears from your face. "I love you."

"I love you too," he smiles, putting one hand on your stomach. "And you."

You could do this.