Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Ash's pov

“Wait Noah, I think I hear someone?”

“What, where Ash?”

“Just to the left of us up head a little.”

“Ok quietly, move forward don't say anything.”

We slowly move forward and see thorough a bush is that Calla Lily? Why is she out here and who is that... Prometheus. What are they doing this far out in to the wood.

“Wait here.” I whisper to Noah.

“No Ash wait.”

But I'm moving closer so I can hear what they are talking about.

“So I guess you are out here looking for Ash then?”

“Yes”

“Did you find the other wolf pack yet?”

“Yes we know where their camp is.”

“So are you ready to fight tomorrow?”

“I was born ready to fight I can't wait. I am so ready to rip someones throat out.”

“OK then. Hm does it hurt when you are like that?”

“Like what?”

“Half a wolf and half a human?”

“Why do you think it hurts?”

“It just looks like it hurts is all.”

“No it does not and even if it did it would be worth it for the power it gives me.”

I back up to Noah again and I pull him in the opposite direction that Calla Lily and Prometheus were going.

“They are going to attack tomorrow!”

“What is that what they were talking about?”

“Yes Calla Lily said they are going to attack tomorrow and Prometheus is blood thirst, but I already knew that. He likes fighting way too much, even when he was under my care I had to stop him from hurting my girls.”

“Ok come on we need to get back to the camp now. Do you think you can shift? It would be a lot faster.”

“Sure I can.”

“Ok just follow me.” he shifts instantly, it takes me a few seconds to focus and then I am running on all fours. I lost sight of Noah for a second but I can follow his smell better anyway. My wolf dreams have made this a lot easier. We make it back to the camp in a few minutes, it would have taken us another hour on two feet. I keep running to Noah's tent to get some clothes while Noah goes off the find Diana to tell her what we heard.

I get into the tent and shift back and get clothes on before I notice Maggie is in the tent as well.

“What are you doing here?”

“I wanted to talk to you and say I am sorry. I do understand what it is like to throw everything else away for your kid. I just didn't realize that even though you didn't give birth to them you are still like a mother to them. I only had a week with you after you were born and I still left everything to find you. You have been with some of those kids since they were born. You are as connected to them as I am sure they are connected to you.”

“Thank you for understanding. And I am sorry I walked off the way I did. I understand why you don't want me to be in the fight. But Criston is going to attack us tomorrow. When Noah and I were walking back, I saw on of my girls and one of Criston boys walking back to the house. They were talking about the attack tomorrow. Noah should have found Diana by now and is telling her what is happening.”

“Ash, they left when you were gone. Diana was going to wait until tonight but, when she saw you leave into the woods, she gathered everyone and they left.”

“Then what are we still doing here, I need to be there. I need to get my kids.”

“Ok lets get Noah and we can catch up to them. But I am pretty sure that Diana is going to have you in the back.”

“Fine I just need to be there.”

“Ash everyone is gone.” Noah says coming up to the tent as Maggie and I leave.

“I know they are going to attack the house first.”

“Ok are we going?”

“Duh.”

I strip off the clothes I just put on and Maggie does the same. And we all shift, I am getting better the more I do it.

We run in then the direction the pack went. Noah takes the lead and Maggie and I follow behind him. We hear a howl and the fight must have started.