Chapter 4

Really really long chapter. sorry it can't be helped.

And that is Hyperion

************************

Chapter 4

My eye open again to found that there is daylight coming thorough my window and Criston is downstairs yelling and I can't make out all the words but I think some of them are for me. I slowly lift myself off the bed, still feeling the drummer that decided to live in my head and grab some clothes and walk slowly down the stairs.

Just walking down the stairs is hurting and daddy dearest screaming is not helping. As I walk in to the kitchen Criston grabs my hair and pulls me over to the stove and pushes my face right over a pan with burnt bacon in it and yells in my ear “Why the hell were you sleeping while my food is burning.” My head is now causing me so much pain I think I might pass out again, but before I can he lets go, looking at me waiting for an answer.

Well dick head if you had not decided to try and cut down a tree with my body, then maybe I would have been awake to not burn your meals.

“I am sorry Father, please let me make something else, if it pleases you.” My head still hurts too much to say what I really want to. I steal a glance at my kids seeing them all hunched over their food and Calla Lily in the corner on the floor in the fetal position. The last time this happened she stayed like that and I had to sit with her for several hours, before she would move or speak or do anything that was not crying. She believes everything that Criston says to her, that she is nothing and should not be alive and is alive only because he is such a great person and when he hits her it is her own fault and she made him do it and she deserved it.

“No, that abysmal creature has ruined my appetite you will stay here and clean until I can no longer smell what the creature burnt.”

“Yes, Father. Kids if you are done eating why don't you all go outside and play today. And no fighting, please.”

“Elm, Seder, Rubrum go and fight all you want it is fun.” Criston yelled over his shoulder as he left the room just to piss me off. And he likes his lap dogs to get a head start on fighting with each other and hurting my girls.

I pull Rubrum to the side “Rubrum, please watch out for them, I need to clean up and get Calla Lily off the floor.”

“Ok Ash, I will take everyone outside and try to think up a game.”

“Thank you dear, and you stay out of trouble too.” We both chuckle knowing he is just like me and has never been able to stay away from trouble.

“Ok, Calla Lily, come dear, Father is gone, I need you to get up and tell me what happened.”

I grab her by the arms when she does not move and lift her into a seated position. I lift up her head and look in her eyes, her face still wet from tears, she stammered something along the lines of,

“I taking care of everyo... because you wre... still hurt and Father dint... notice you were not around. And I de... to let you keep sleeping so you cod... get better. Y... sleep for two days. But I was cooking breakfast and then Silver Bell and Seder started to fight so I had to go and stop them, but I left Father's food on the stove and so it started to burn and then the smoke alarm went off. And everything was happening at once, and Father came stomping downstairs and yelling just as I had turned off the stove and got the alarm to stop. And I am sorry if that is what woke you up, but am sure Father would have noticed by today that you had not been around anyway, he is very smart that way.”

“Yes he is” sarcasm the only thing you can hear in my voice. “but it is ok dear, I am fine see.” I stand up and spin around then pick her up on her feet as well, hugging my poor little girl, still she is so young still and I wish she could stay that way.