Chaoter 8

Chapter 8

Calla Lily pov

She ran away. I heard the boys last night. I knew she would. After I got all the kids into bed, they were demanding a story because Ash would tell them one if they asked her but I would not. So they pouted but I turned off the lights and made them be quiet, threatening to tell Father, that made them shut up. And a few hours later, the boys that Father had on watch outside were howling, and then Father flew down the stairs howling after them. I run to the window and see Father shift and run into the woods. I keep watch for them to come back. I really want to see what Father does to Ash for running away. She is going to get beaten so bad this time I don't think she will wake again. Then I can raise the kids to obey and respect Father the way I do, the way it is suppose to be. Ash poisons their minds with her free thinking and teaching them to read and write. I sit by the window for almost a half an hour. Then I see Cruis and Epimetheus walk at of the woods. And then a few minutes later and Father walks out too he starts yelling at the boys. I could not hear very well from the window. But it sounded like Ash got away from them and then he starts hitting the boys. I don't think I have ever seen him hit the boys that much before. And wait what did he say about other wolves. Why are there wolves around here? I would have thought Father and the boys would have scared them all away. I run back in the room when I hear them coming up the stairs, I don't want to get hit tonight. I lay down in bed just in case Father comes in the room. He does not but he does yell for the boys to wake up and get downstairs. He says for midnight training, but he has never done that before that I know of. And from what the boys were saying as they walk down the stairs, it does not happen and they are not happy. They barely like the training they have to do during the day. I get up and walk downstairs too, to ask father if he needed me. I don't tell him that I know Ash is gone, I don't think that is something he would want anyone to know.

“What do you want girl?!”

“Father is everything alright? Did you need anything from me? I heard you yelling and wanted know if I could help you too.”

“You why would I need you. You are just a girl and I have no use for you.”

“I am sorry Father. Please forgive me.”

“You will go back upstairs and make sure the kids are asleep. And you will not tell them anything that is happening.”

“Yes Father.”

So something is happening. I wonder what. But if Father does not want me to know then I do not need to know. I walk upstairs and open the door to our room and see most of the kids are awake.

“Everyone go back to sleep.”

“But Calla Lily what is going on? Why was Father yelling?”

“Did something happen Calla Lily?”

“No why would something have happened. Nothing has ever happened before so why would things start now.”

“Where is Ash? I want a story.” Elm says crossing his arms not moving.

“You will go to sleep now before Father hears you talking and come up here. He is talking with his pack and does not want little runts disturbing him.” Elm and I have a stare down and I win of course, but Rose Bud starts crying.

“What is wrong with you?”

“I...want...Ash... you...are ...too...mean...Calla...Lily.”

“What do you mean, I am mean? I am not mean, I am just telling you truth. Something that Ash never did. She lied to you all the time you all were just to stupid to notice.”

“So that is why Ash does not like you so much.”

“What are you talking about Lotus?”

“Well, if we are too stupid to notice Ash lying then you must be too stupid to know how much everyone does not like you.” for a 6 year old she sounds very sure of herself.