Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I woke up slowly, drifting in and out of consciousness, and...

Where the hell am I? Someone is sitting next to me and who the hell is this person? He is humming a song I don't know. It seems to be a male, but it can't be Criston, can it. Oh Asher help me. I can barely move but I have to try.

“Woah there, calm down, How are feeling Penelope?” he asks the concern in his voice pulls me back to reality as his gentle hands hold me down. “You have to stop moving you are going to hurt yourself more.” What are these tubes in my arm? I try to ripe them out but he stops me, yet again.

“What is it to you bud? Get the hell off me. What is in my arm? And my name is not Penelope. Its Ash.”

“What is Ash short for? Ashley? I'm your healer.”

“So just because you are a healer means you have a right to sit over people and stare at them? What do I need a healer for? And don't call me Ashley or Penelope, my name is Ash. Just Ash.”

He blushes and stammers out. “I'm sorry Ash, I didn't mean to stare. I was just concerned for you. Your wounds were deep, but you seem to be healing just fine.”

Then my memory of last night flood back. Criston coming back, running away, the lapdogs chasing me, two big black wolfs attacking me and me as a wolf, but that can't be right. I shudder at the thought.

Then the pain hits me, my arm is burning and I am finding it hard to breath. I try very hard to get up, but the pain is overwhelming. I open my mouth to cry out but a lupine whine is all that comes out.

“Ok you have to stop moving, just relax everything is going to be ok.”

“Who died and made you God?” I growled.

“Noah?” another voice asked. Noah didn't respond until he adjusted the IV in my arm that I hadn't noticed.

“Is she okay?” The person at the door asked, she sounded worried.

“Yeah, she is only a little disoriented.” He responds in a calm voice. Taking a syringe from the bedside table. It doesn't stop my heart from trying to hammer out of my chest, I glare at him. I just hope it is something for pain.

“Can she speak?”the woman asked. I turn my head to the door, as he injects whatever is in the syringe into the IV. The woman in the doorway looks familiar but there is no way I could know her. But the look on her face is one of authority, that I don't like. I try to say something to her but it only comes out at a whimper.

“She is still on the verge of a change, her eyes are wolfy.”

Wolfy? Oh right, I did change. Well Damn. I wonder what color my eyes are now, blue maybe? Or Yellow? I whine softly, Noah reaches out and smooths back my hair.

“Tell me when she comes back” The women said before leave the tent.

Without anything else to do, I look over Noah. The only thing I can look at is his dark brown hair, it is almost black. After growing up around blondes it is a nice change, I have only seen one person with dark hair before but she was still a little blonde. It is longish, flopping in his eyes with a little curl. I have to catch myself before I reach out to touch it. Ok whatever he gave me must be making me delirious.

Noah made a tsking sound and has now directed his attention to the large dressing on my shoulder. I look over to see a bright red shot has blossomed through the gauze.

“I need to change this, okay? Please don't move.” I only manage to nod and stare as he gathers new dressing. His face still kind under his stern look of concentration, stopping the bleeding in my shoulder and applying fresh gauze. His bright blue eyes so sharp and focused, so much like my Hawthorn, I start to cry.