Aug. 20th

Aug. 20

D III took me to one of his old hideouts, one that they tracked him to but got there to late to catch him. She thought it would be a good exercise to see if I could pick up the different scent of him or my Penelope. It was a network of caves in a mountain side, I am not sure how far it goes in to the mountain. I at first I got an over load of different smells. Then slowly I was able to pick thru them all, D III helped me I.d. them. I can smell so many children, and other wolfs. At least 15 kids and then Him, I have gotten use to his smell. It is what we have been mainly tracking. I travel farther in to the mountain following the different smells. And I notice one of the smell that is almost never by its self, until I find a small passage way off of the main tunnel, where most of the scents stay away from. This smell travels down the passage way until it spills out in to a small cave, and there is writing on the walls. The writing is every where it looks like whoever was here wanted to remember or rebel maybe. There is a lot of anger in these words. We stay in the caves for most of the day, D III is very patent letting me figure things out and answering all questions I have. When we left I still could not found Penelope scent but there is still time. At least I have better idea of what I am doing now and it is time to hunt, I am staved.