Chapter 40

Soo Hee's pov

After learning a little bit about simple base makeup for three hours at a makeup studio, Ken oppa and I finally came back home.

The whole time we were there, he didn't do much. He just sat next to me and watched me learn about foundation and powder from the makeup artist. Well what was there to expect anyway, Jaehwan oppa is a guy. There's no need for him to learn 'bout these things.

Going into our apartment, both of us were quiet and parted ways. Him going to his room and me going to mine with more notes in hand- this time stuff that is relevant to makeup.

I was in the middle of changing my clothes until a ding was heard coming from my phone. I checked to see who it was from and my eyebrows raised when I saw that it was from eomma.

Eomma momma: Soo Hee-ah, please ask that Ken guy whether he was adopted or not

Me: Wut???

Eomma momma: Please ask him if he was adooted or not

Me: No I know what you mean but why?

Me: You don't think he's your son, do you??

Eomma momma: no

Eomma momma: kay fine think whatever you want, just please do me this one favour. I'll buy you a new Vixx's sweater

I smirked, she's so easy....

Me: deal

I turned off my phone and thought about the perfect moment where I could ask Ken if he was adopted.

The more I thought about it, the more I felt like I was trying to dig up his unnecessary personal information. I mean who am I exactly to ask him if he was adopted?

Whatever, fudge it. Can't lose this chance to own Vixx's new version of their sweater.

((THAT NIGHT))

Ken's pov

"Can I ask you a question?"

We were having dinner and watching the television and I was almost finished.

My eyes still locked on the tv screen, I simply nodded. "Just ask whatever"

She was silent for a minute as if she was hesitating and I was wondering why. That was when the question was asked. "Uhmm are you adopted?"

I abruptly stopped scraping the plate with my fork and stared at my empty plate. "No no I'm not. Why do you ask?" Of course, I thought it was peculiar for someone to ask me such question. Being taken aback would be a perfect sentence.

"Just curious" she shrugged. What a weird thing she was curious about. I side-glanced at her and she was just staring at the telly. I knew she wasn't watching it- the credit was rolling and her pupils weren't moving.

Is she scared? My heart started pumping even faster seeing her like that. Suddenly, I just felt guilty.

No

No

No

You can't be like this. Remember, no falling for the contest winner. Just be cold and ignorant and you'll get through this. Just for one month.

This time, I felt a sting at the pit of my stomach. This is too much, I gotta get away.

I scoffed, "Well sometimes, you just have to keep your curiosity to yourself. There are limits as to what you can ask and what you can't"

Her head snapped towards me with her eyes widened. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't even have thought about asking you that question"

I couldn't handle looking at her who looked so scared anymore. "I'm heading out, I have a meeting with my manager"I lied. I sprang up and dumped the plate into the sink quiet harshly- trying to make it sound like I was pissed.

"I'll be home past midnight so don't wait for me" I mumbled, swiftly slipping on my jacket that hung onto the coat hanger.

I stepped out and shut the door. I pressed the lift button to go to the rooftop and stuffed my hands into the pockets. The lift door opened and I was instantly engulfed in the cold air of the night.

The wind blew softly, making my hair fly back. I took a seat on a nearby bench and stared out towards the flashing lights in the distant.

I leaned back and looked at the dark sky decorated with diamond-like stars. I shut my eyes breathed out through my mouth.

I'm sorry Soo Hee-ah, I still don't know you and how you really are. Sorry that I lied to you. I'm scared you might spread rumors about me. But most of all, I apologise for being so mean to you, there's no other choice for me but to do so.

It's either that or I'd fall deeper for you. Though, I'm not really sure with my feelings. It could be that I'm just doubting my own feelings or something, I'm just confused.

*end of chap

i feel like a robot, i don't feel the joy of living anymore.

i'll only be able to update once a month. its either that or two times a month, i dunno

this story is getting suckier too