Chapter 35 (Part 2)

Continuation of Soo Hee's mum backstory...

Mrs Bae woke up to the blinding lights at the ceiling. Her eyes automatically squinted to adjust to the bright source of light. She managed to heave herself up by propping up her elbows on the bed.

She took in her surrounding, she was alone in a hospital ward. The room was only big enough to have a patient in it. Everything was white, the walls, the bed... everything. The white orchid flower in the small vase on the round table at the corner failed its attempt to make the room look less 'empty'.

It was silent with the only noise coming from the IV monitor. Mrs Bae tried to move her arms freely but countless wires stuck to her arms made it impossible for her to do so.

Trying to recall the last moments before she fell into a deep sleep made her head pound. She remembered her children and her husband. Her head was beginning to be filled with worries.

It made her restless thinking about their conditions. She tried to calm herself down by inhaling air through the nose and exhaling through her mouth but it felt stuffy as she had a big bandage covering her nose.

While being deep in thought, two figures were making their way to Mrs Bae's room. They were both wearing hospital gowns, a nurse was assisting them both to Mrs Bae's room, just in case the two have problems while walking.

Finally, they arrived at Mrs Bae's room. The nurse who had accompanied them left not long after to give them their personal space.

Mrs Bae was startled when she saw the door open. She immediately sat up after seeing who they were. "Yeobo! Youngjae! Are you okay??" she questioned them.

Mr Bae chuckled seeing his wife's expression. "Yes honey,- well apart from my dislocated arm and Youngjae's bandaged arms, we're totally fine"

She relaxed upon hearing that but then, after realising something she frowned. "Youngjae-ah, where's your brother?" she asked, her tone slowing down.

Youngjae, who had been quiet did not speak a word. Instead, he had tears in his eyes and his lips were quivering making his mum's heart stop for a moment. "Dear God, please make my son be okay" she silently prayed.

She was getting more and more anxious as the time passed.

Now, she had her eyes on her husband, pleading for an explanation. He had his head hung low not wanting to meet his wife's eyes.

"Yeobo, what happened to our other son?" she asked.

No answer.

"Answer me, darling. Where is he?" she asked, her voice getting higher but it was starting to crack.

She tugged on his arm with her weak hands and he finally looked into her eyes, eyes filled with sorrow. He took his wife's hands into his and his other hand held Youngjae's hand.

She was on the verge of tears. She knew nothing good was going to come out of her husband's mouth, judging by his actions and expression.

"He's mi-missing" he stated.

"Wha- what do u mean he's missing? Huhh?!"

"Yeobo, please calm down. The police came to the ward I was in shortly after I woke up. They told me that he wasn't in the car. They speculated that he bursted out the windshield window. Right now, they are still inspecting the location where the accident occured " he explained and let out a long sigh.

Mrs Bae slumped back onto her bed and stared into spaces. "What if they never found him? " she mumbled.

"No... Don't say that, we'll all find him okay? " he said comforting her.

Youngjae wept and his mum reached out to hug him. Then, both of them were a weeping pair. As a leader in his family, Mr Bae kept resisting the urge to cry and always had a tough face on to appear as a strong father to his children.

After hearing the news that his son was lost, his mental strength was cracking bit by bit. He embraced his two loved ones and for the first time, he took off his tough mask and he let his tears stream down his face.

They were all losing their mental strength and were breaking apart...

Ayyyeeooo Donuts!! Aim bahhhckkkk