Chapter 39

Soo Hee's pov

The night went by in a flash and soon, the moon had already kissed the sun goodbye...

Things we were gonna be focusing on today would be stuff like learning about makeup. Ken oppa will be taking me to a makeup studio that was owned by his aunt, but that wouldn't be till' later this evening.

My body was still sore from yesterday's exercising so I didn't make an effort to move myself out of bed. I took a look at my notebook and rolled my eyes when I saw the first point.

*Go for a jog EVERY MORNING, it's one of the things that'll freshen you up and you'll be able to lose weight easier by doing this.

I did what I had to do, brush my teeth, wash my face and all that stuff. After putting on my runners, I plugged in my phone into the treadmill that had been installed yesterday in my room and played a song as I started jogging.

I was so into singing a song that even my hands started swishing around, doing dance moves. I didn't realize that my hands kept on accidentally touching a button on the treadmill.

Completely oblivious to this, I was also oblivious towards the fact that the speed of the treadmill, gradually increasing.

"Knock knock ja deureogamnida
Neon kkamjjak nollalge bunmyeonghamnida
Deutoga hwakhwak deuroga hwakhwak mudanchimip
Igeol silta hal su in -Aarhhhh!!"

My left foot had tripped over my right foot and I fell forward, my face narrowly missing the handle at the front as I tried not land face first,  I had pushed myself with my hands on the rough rubber floor that was still rolling furiously.

I landed on the edges of the treadmill and I quickly dragged myself onto the floor as a reflex when I felt a stinging pain surging through my calfs that was still grazing on the treadmill.

I was breathing heavily with my teeth gritted, trying to hold the pain.

I heaved myself up from the floor and switched off the treadmill, still gripping my calf tightly in the process. I, then, fell back down and punched the floor repeatedly, trying my absolute hardest to contain the pain.

I twisted myself around to take the first aid kit that was standing under the bed. My gaze quickly averted towards my bedroom door that was slightly ajar.

I thought.... I thought I saw someone there.

Maybe it was- Nahh it couldn't be. It couldn't be Ken oppa, I was pretty sure that he was still in a deep slumber.

Hehh whatever. "I'll worry 'bout that later, I still gotta treat my injury"

---------

Evening came and Ken oppa and I was fully dressed in decent clothes. We both had just gotten out of the apartment and were on our way to the elevator.

I successed on hiding the wounds on my palm and calfs by wearing long clothes. I was failing miserably with my attempt to hide the pain that was hurting my ankle, though.

No matter how much I tried concealing my limping walk, it'd still look like I was just limping. After countless of desperate tries to cover the way I was walking, I eventually gave up and braced myself for question that could come from Ken oppa.

And yeah, it wasn't long before Ken oppa obviously noticed my weird way of walking. "Hey you okay? Did you get hurt?"

I simply shook my head and faked a smile.

"Im fine. I accidentally kicked the edge of the bathtub"

He didn't say much after that, he just held my arm and helped me until we got into the van.

Pheww! I was mentally rubbing the invisible beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I'm glad he doesn't know about my accident, I didn't wanna worry him.

Not that I think he'd be worried even if he knew the truth, anyway.

Ken's pov

((Earlier this morning...))

Ugghh I couldn't sleep last night. This was all Hyuk's fault. He had forced me to watch a two-hour horror movie. I really didn't wanna watch it but he'd just pressure me to watch it till' I finally gave in.

Now that it was finally morning, I eventually fell asleep at four. I woke up two hours later feeling incredibly thirsty. I got out of bed and padded out towards the kitchen in my One Piece fluffy slippers.

I heard the sound of the treadmill being switched on from inside of Soo Hee's room. I didn't mind it much as I had heard HakWoon hyung tell her that exercising in the morning would affect her health positively.

I was heading to the balcony with a chocolate drink in hand. It almost slipped out of my hand when a yelp was heard coming from Soo Hee's room.

Out of reflex, I set down the mug and rushed to her room. I peaked through the door and there she was, on the floor, holding tightly onto her calf and looking like she was in deep pain. 

I stood up to help her but was held back when a thought went through my mind.

"If I help her, won't I have to get close to her when helping with her injury (?) Ughh then it could escalate and I don't wanna find myself liking her,romantically "

I knew that falling in love with that someone couldn't be controlled by one's own feeling. But it's just that, my recent break up with Da In didn't feel like a break up. So, I figured falling in love with someone else would mean that I was cheating on Dain in a way.

I decided that I'd just leave her, I knew it wasn't a nice move, just leaving a person- a girl to be exact to attend their own injury, especially when someone else witnesses it.

I quickly moved away from her door and hesitated for a moment whether I should just push that thought away and go help Soo Hee but decided against it at the last minute.

I quietly went back to my room, engulfed with a guilty feeling.

Mianhae, Soo Hee-ah...

*end of chapter