Chapter 15

Soo Hee's pov

Eomma and appa were watching an episode of Running Man in the lounge room until they saw me all prepped up looking like I was ready to go somewhere. Both of them shifted their attention to me. "Soo Hee-ah, where are you going?" Eomma asked. "Is it okay if I go visit Hanee for a little while 'cause you know..." I trailed already knowing that she would understand.

She got what I meant and nodded. "Okay arasso. But don't be back too late okay?" I nodded. I had asked Seyoung to drive me to Hanee's house as appa had fallen asleep beside eomma on the couch.

Seyoung oppa had safely driven me to Hanee's house in no time. "Call me when you're done and I'll come and pick you up arasso?" said Seyoung as we were in front of Hanee's house. I nodded in response and kissed his cheek. He smiled and rolled up the car window, he sped away into the night's darkness.

I walked towards the entrance door and knocked a few times. Mrs Eun opened the door and greeted me. "Annyeonghaseyo Mrs Eun, I'm sorry to bother you at this time but you probably know the reason why I'm here right?" I asked after doing a ninety degree bow.

"Don't worry honey. You're not bothering anyone in this house at all. Besides, I know the exact reason why you're here" she said smirking. "Looks like she also knows exactly how Hanee is" I thought. "I've been knocking on her bedroom door for millions of times but she wouldn't budge. But I think she'll most probably listen to you" Mrs Eun stated.

"I see" I nodded my head. "Okay, I won't waste any more of your time and now, go try and talk to Hanee. I know you can do it! Fighting!!" she cheered. I grinned and went up to Hanee's room. I knocked on the door and waited too see if there was gonna be any response but to no avail, only silence greeted me.

I knocked on her bedroom door again and this time, there was a response. "Aishh, eomma please just leave me alone for tonight. I'm not in the mood to talk with anyone right now and I know that you know exactly why too" I heard Hanee grumbled.

I giggled quietly and just knocked again. "Eomma!! I really don't wanna be rude and shout at you but if you keep this up, I might actually do stuff you don't wanna know" I heard her grumbling again.

I laughed at her statement and knocked again. "Hey Hanee-ah, it's me, Soo Hee" I said loud enough for her to hear from inside. She just kept quiet. "Come on, Hanee-ah, please let me in" I pleaded. Still no response. "Hanee, I've brought ice-cream and if you don't open up the door now, this ice-cream I'm holding right now would probably end up in the bin" I tried to lure her to open the door with the ice-creams I've brought from a store nearby on the way here.

I knew she was trying to resist it because I heard shuffling in there. And so, I tried again. "Hanee, the ice-cream's melting. Maybe I should chuck it in the bin" I said out loud so that she could hear me. I heard her running to the door and miliseconds later, the door was wide open.

Hanee's eyes widened upon seeing the ice-cream I was holding onto my left hand. "No!!! Don't throw it in the bin!" she screamed and reached out her hands to grab it. I smirked and pulled it away out of her reach. "No uh, let me come into your room first and then, this will be yours" I pointed to the ice-cream in my hand still smirking.

She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted. "Fine, come on in" she gestured for me to come into her room crossing her arms. I giggled in victory and sat cross-legged on her messy bed. "Yah, don't push it" Hanee said looking at me boringly. "Okay okay, sorry. Here's your ice-cream" I smiled as I gave her the container the ice-cream.

Hanee took it and started devouring it like she hasn't eaten in weeks. I looked at her in amusement and watched her eat for a minute until I started talking. "So umm Hanee-ah, I'm really sorry that your name wasn't in the list" I apologised even though there wasn't really the need to do so.

Hanee abruptly stopped her eating and looked at me and surprisingly, she smiled and the smile looked sincere and not a forced one. She settled the ice-cream on her night stand and sat across me. "Soo Hee-ah, there's no absolute reason for you to say sorry here" Hanee laughed.

I raised my eyebrows in confusion with Hanee's behaviour. Just now she was sulking and looked depressed but now, it was the complete opposite. She looked happier somehow. "Soo Hee-ah, it's not your fault I wasn't picked. In fact, it's not anyone's fault at all. Yeah, sure I was pretty down to see that my name's not in the list but, it's impossible for everyone's name to be in the list too right?" she said smiling wider.

I nodded my head slowly. "Like you said last time, it's just a contest and there's always a next time. I'm still sad that my name's not in the list but I'm sure I'll get over this in a few days. I'm really happy for you Soo Hee-ah, you're one lucky girl you know that?" she punched me on the arm in a friendly manner and I grinned sheepishly.

"So, you really don't hate me?" I asked her nervously and she shook her head. "I'll never hate you 'cause you're my bestfriend" she said. "Awww, thank you Hanee" I looked at her and she nodded followed by a wide smile. "You have to promise me to keep me updated when you're with one of the Vixx guys that picked you arasso?" she held up her pinkie and I entwined it with mine.

*end of chapter