Chemical Attraction Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

I smothered my smirk, pulled down my pyjamas and went to sit down on the loo, before almost tumbling right in. I cried out in shock and grabbed the edges in the nick of time. Stumbling upright, I looked back in astonishment.

‘Where on earth has the toilet seat gone?’ I wondered in shock.

I heard muffled laughter from outside and narrowed my eyes at the door as the truth dawned on me. Someone had left the toilet seat up.

“Men!” I huffed loudly, and sure enough, a loud bark of laughter followed my exclamation.

Gritting my teeth, I slammed the toilet lid down and got on with my business.

Once I had finished in the bathroom, I walked out and gave Mr Cooper a disapproving glare. Grinning sheepishly in response, he grabbed my arms that were folded across my chest and pulled me onto his lap.

“Didn’t anyone ever tell you that it is bad manners to leave the toilet seat up?” I pouted crossly. His grin grew wider, causing my heart to skip a beat and he shrugged.

“Possibly. But I was tired and it slipped my mind.”

“Hmmm,” I said, with mock suspicion in my tone. “Why are you here anyway?”

He frowned slightly, the sight sending pangs across my chest. “Don’t you want me here?”

“No, no,” I corrected hastily. “Of course I do. But I thought we had both accidentally fallen asleep, but since you were wondering around leaving toilet seats up in the middle of the night, that is obviously not true.”

He smirked and flicked my nose, holding me tight on his lap as I wriggled to get away.

“How very astute of you,” he commented, a glint of amusement in his eye. “I stayed because it was absolutely freezing and your bed was very warm. Plus, you just looked adorable while sleeping so I just had to stay to watch you.”

I scowled at him. “I don’t want you watching me when I’m asleep.”

He scoffed loudly. “Like you weren’t doing the same this morning. I was watching you then too.” he said slyly.

I opened my mouth to retort, before blushing furiously at his words. I couldn’t believe he had been watching me watching him! Sneaky jerk! I vowed that if I got the chance again, I would be watching him carefully to make sure he wasn’t watching me while I watched him sleep.

I struggled to make sense of my thoughts and shook my head in a daze. He chuckled again, drawing me close against his chest.

“It’s okay, I quite like the thought of you watching me. But I thought it was appropriate to let you know I was awake before your hand wandered elsewhere…”