Chapter 43

I woke up to Dicks smile as he laid next to me. His arms around my waist.

"Morning sleepyhead." He said.

I smiled back and kissed him on the forehead.

"Morning." I replied.

Yeah. So after the ball last night Dick and I may have slept in the same bed. But nothing happened. I just didn't want to leave him. I felt like I'd lose him if I did.
I don't think I'd still completely gotten over the fact that Dick and Robin were the same person. And that Bruce was Batman. Not in a million years would I have guessed that. I wonder if Alfred is secretly a hero. Butlerguy or something. I don't know.

I rose out of bed. We were in my room so Dick had to leave to get changed. And probably so he couldn't see me get changed as well. Or would he actually like to see that. The kid is fourteen.

I got up, had a shower, put on my school uniform and went down for breakfast.
Bruce was already at the table reading the morning paper. I sat down on the opposite side of him.

"Um. Morning. Bruce." I awkwardly said. Grabbing a box of cereal and pouring it into a bowl.

"Katie please." He said putting down the paper. "Listen. I know that the 'other guy' in me isn't very. Let's say. Comforting. But Bruce Wayne is. You don't have to be afraid of Bruce. But batman. He's something else. Be very afraid." Bruce said.

"Oh. Um. Ok." I said.

"But to make something clear." He said in a darker tone. "You will not tell anyone. Not even the person you trust most our identities. Because if you do. You will regret it."

"Understood." I said quickly.

Wow he can be scary when he wants to be. I am not going to get on the bad side of Bruce.

"Oh and please tell me. Why did you break into my house?"

Oh right. I already am on his bad side.

"I. Uhh. I don't have a very good explanation for you sir. Um. Let's say because I'm an idiot for believing that my Dad cared about me."

"I don't see how that's linked to you robbing me. But if that's your answer." He shrugged, going back to his paper.

Dick then walked into the room.

"Morning everyone." He said sitting down next to me.

He grabbed the box of cereal and poured the contents into a bowl.

"Morning Dick. How'd you sleep?" Bruce asked.

Dick looked over at me and smiled.

"I slept great." He answered.

Bruce started eyeing both of us.

"You two. Slept. Together?" He said slowly. "That's. Um. No your too young to do that."

"Relax Bruce. Nothing happened. We just stayed in the same bed." Dick stated.

"Your still to young to even be doing that."

"Says the billionaire playboy." Smiled Robin.