Chapter 20

I spent the entire night out with Robin. We ran around the city and stopped crime together. It was fun tag-teaming criminals and protecting the innocent. It was especially fun doing it with Robin. The way his body dodged attacks but then immediately recovered and attacked back. The way he glided across the ground to get the next crook.
It was amazing. He was amazing.
He must've saw me staring at him because after he beat up the crooks he stopped and looked back.

"Ocelot? You ok. You look a bit flustered." He asked.

I started glowing red because he noticed I was staring at him.

"And now you're blushing." He smiled.

"What. No I'm not." I said.

"Don't deny it Oce. I saw you." His smile got wider.

God damm that smile. It was going to make me go crazy.

"I'm not denying anything. I'm telling the truth. I don't blush." I said crossing my arms.

"Oh yeah. What if we go to dinner. Will you blush there?" He said.

"Are you trying to ask me out again."

"Well. Actually I was just wondering if you wanted to go get some food. I am starving." He said tapping his stomach. "But if you want it to be a date." He looked at me with raised eyebrows.

"No. Just grabbing food will do." I said.

"Perfect. I know the best place that's open at 3:20 in the morning." He said checking the time on his holo-glove.  "You'll love it."

Robin grabbed my hand and dragged me with him. We walked around for a while and he ended up taking me to what I think was the first diner he saw. It was still open but there wasn't anyone in there. We walked into the diner and the lady behind the counter looked up. Her eyes widened when she realised that Robin was walking through her door. We sat down at a booth and looked at the menu. Soon the waitress walked over.

"Um. Ah. Wh. What would you like?" She stuttered. She obviously wasn't used to Gothams finest vigilante walking in here and ordering food.

"Something simple." I said. "I'll just have chips."

"Same." Robin said putting down the menu.

The waitress nodded and quickly walked off and into the kitchen.
Robin looked at me with a smile.

"Y'know. I never thought I'd ever get you to come to a diner with me." He said.

"Remember Rob. This isn't a date. And if you make any kind of move on me I will beat you to a pulp." I threatened.

I was already going to be going on a date with Dick Grayson. I didn't need or want to get caught in a love triangle.

"I completely understand. We are just here as friends and talking." Said Robin. "So. What are we gonna talk about?"

We sat there in silence. It was seriously awkward. I didn't know what to say.

"So. Um. How's the Batcave going?" I asked.

"The Batcave is going great. Batman updated the system on the batcomputer so I couldn't hack into his personal files. He put up some new firewalls which I already have bypassed and Batmans personal files aren't very personal at all." Said Robin.

"Yeah. What else?" I said resting my chin on my hand. Sometimes it was just good to listen to Robin speak about absolute crap.