Chapter 26

Leaving Tony to go live on the streets. Probably not the best idea ever.
I couldn't find any place to sleep for the night. I don't even think I would've been able to sleep out of the fear of being stabbed. I normally don't worry about that stuff when I'm on the streets. But this was different. When I'm awake I can fight back.
Asleep. I have absolutely no defence at all. And on every single corner there is a shady looking person.

I packed a few things like my school uniform, other clothes, some money but not a lot, my phone, and school books. All packed in my school bag. And I left the apartment still dressed as Ocelot.
Again that wasn't a very good choice. There is nowhere private to change. There are people everywhere and I can't let them see that I'm Ocelot.
So now I'm just sitting on a rooftop in a torn Ocelot costume (thanks to Bruce Wayne's barb wire) waiting for the sun to come up.
I'm so tired. But I can't sleep. I thought I could change up on the roof but I couldn't. I felt to exposed changing on a rooftop. I felt like someone would be watching.
So I'm just sitting. I've got school today, but I'm not gonna go. I'll use today to try to find a place to stay. I need somewhere that's private so I can change from Ocelot to Katie as I please. 
Plus I really don't want anyone watching me sleep. 
Wow. This is my life now. Trying to find a place to get changed. I guess I'll just have to live with it.
__________________________

"Ok Katie, we've been talking and we think you need to have a shower." Said Barbara.

"Yeah. You kind've smell and you're uniform is dirty. You know you can get suspended for that." Said Artemis.

"Katie. Is there something you're not telling us. No offence. But you look like you've been living on the streets for the past week." Said Dick.

My eyes widened at what Dick said. He was absolutely right. I have been living on the streets for a week. And yes , my uniform was stained, my hair was a mess. I tried to make myself look presentable but in the end I still look like trash.

I looked down at my lap an mumbled silently.

"Because I have been on the streets."

"What?" Artemis asked.

"Oh nothing. Just talking to myself."

Barbara stood up.

"Ok. See ya guys. I've got music practice."

"Oh I'll come with. I've never actually seen the music room." Artemis said.

She got up winked at me then slightly nodded at Dick.
Oh that evil master mind. Babs and Artemis knew Dick and I went on a date. And that recently I haven't been talking to him. So now she's getting us alone together to talk.
But there's a reason I haven't really been talking to Dick. One is because he started talking about how his house got robbed. But the main reason is because every time I look at him my brain just shows me that face he had back at Wayne Manor. The face that looked like I had stabbed him multiple times. I still don't even know why he had that face on. I only stole some stuff. And he doesn't even know it was me. It was Ocelot. It also has caused me not to go out as Ocelot at all since the Wayne thing. The costume just reminds me of Dicks face.

"Katie. Are you ok?" Dick asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Why?"

"Don't lie to me." He said. "Something is going on. You've been silent a lot over the past week and you keep getting scruffier every day."

The Hero and The Villain (a young justice fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara