Chapter 30

"Hello Katie." The woman said.

"Mom! You. Your. You. Alive." I stuttered. "How is that possible? You died."

"No sweetie. I didn't die. And I'm sorry I went into hiding. But it seems it was a good thing. Being with Tony has made you strong. I hear you are a criminal named Ocelot. Working alongside Catwoman and even the Penguin."

"No. Not anymore. Ocelot is a crime fighter now."

"A crime fighter that isn't wanted." Said John. Leaning on a wall near the door.

My mother continued after she saw the sad look fall upon my face.

"He is telling the truth. Tony abandoned you. Batman doesn't want you in his city. And I heard that you had a relationship with the boy in red. But he ended up hating you as well."

My head lowered and my eyes went to the floor.  
My mother walked up to me and hugged me. It was warm. It was just like I remembered them. But it felt like I was hugging a zombie. My mother died when I was six. She isn't here. This is a different woman.
I pushed out of her hug.

"You cant be alive. You died in a car crash eight years ago."

"That's what the people at the hospital told you. But I bet they never told you they couldn't find my body. They just assumed I was dead. No. I was injured. But I had to lure them away from the car. Away from you."

"What? Who?"

"Black masks crew. They had reasons to kill us, so we quickly got out of Metropolis. Told you it was a holiday. But they found us on the road and rammed us off it. So I led them away. And killed them."

"You what?!" I said wide eyed. My mother wasn't the killing type.

"I killed all of them and I was injured. Worthless thugs they are. After that I needed help. So I made my way to the league of Assassins. I knew they had a hideout in the area."

"You went to the league of assassins?"

"Oh yes. I'm a valued member. I got some time off just to raise my children though. Well one of them.
Your brother John over here was the first born about two years before you. So he got raised by the League to become an assassin when he was born. It was sad really. I hardly ever got to see him. We would just talk by sending letters to each other a lot."

John crossed his arms behind us. It was like he was embarrassed we were talking about him while he was in the room.

"So you really are my brother." I said looking towards him.

He nodded and didn't say anything.

"Why was black masks crew after us? What did you do?" I asked.

"That wasn't me. That was you're step father. He got on the wrong side of Black Mask so he sent his guys to kill all of us. But don't worry. Black mask won't be bothering anyone ever again."

Oh God. Did she kill one of Gotham's biggest crime lords.
She must've new what I was thinking because she quickly answered my question.

"Oh no. He's not dead. He's in this warehouse right now actually. Somewhere. Unconscious in one of these boxes."

"What!"