Chapter 19

That night I went out as Ocelot. I didn't have a mission or anything. I just couldn't sleep. I was thinking about that assassin after me. I was kind of scared. Why was there an assassin after me. What had I done. Why did someone send one after me.
These thoughts alone would've kept me up all night. But then there was also the additional thinking about Dick. How he spent the last few days trying to protect me. How he said he couldn't stand to lose me.
Anyway. It was enough to get me to don the suit and run out around on the rooftops of Gotham. 

"So. How's things?" I asked Robin.

Robin, like he was now searching for me every night, had appeared next to me and sat down with me.

"Things are great. What about you? How's things?" He said.

"Could be better actually." I said.

"Really. What's going on Oce. What's got you down?"

I thought for a minute. Wondering if I should tell him about the assassin. Then quickly dismissed the thought remembering that he was the one to find out about the assassination and he would pretty quickly realise my identity. I could say it's a friend. Nah. Robins to smart. He'll figure it out.

"I uh. Just found out that, um," I couldn't think of anything to say. " I lost that dog teddy you gave me." I quickly said.

Robin looked at me. Damm. He knows it's a lie. He then shrugged and looked forward.

"Ah well. There's plenty of toy dogs in the sea." He said.

"Um. Yeah. I guess so." I said.

Robin stood up. He held out his hand to me.

"C'mon. I wanna take you somewhere."

I reached up and grabbed the hand. "This isn't going to be another drug warehouse. Is it?" I asked as he lifted me up.

"No. It's cooler and I'll probably get in really big trouble for it." Robin smiled.

I smiled back. "Well what are we waiting for then."

I followed Robin to an alley that was completely empty except for some garbage cans and a single telephone booth that had an out of order sign on it. Robin opened the door to the booth.
I looked at him with confused eyes.

"So you brought me here to prank call someone or."

Robin laughed. "No. No. Just get ready. When I leave get inside the booth."

"When you leave?" I said confused.

Suddenly there was a flash from inside the booth and Robin disappeared.
My eyes widened I took a step back from the phone booth. What the hell just happened. Did that thing just disintegrate him. Nah. It wouldn't have done that.
I then remembered Robin telling me to get inside as soon as he left.
I cautiously opened the door and entered, closing it behind me. I waited for about ten seconds when suddenly the same flash that engulfed Robin. Engulfed me. In an instant I was inside a huge metal tube that led into a cave.

"Recognise Ocelot. A-14." Said a computerised female voice.

I walked out of the metal tube and into the huge cavern. Robin was standing there waiting for me.

"So, how was your first zeta beam experience?" He asked.

"Zeta beam? You mean that thing that took me from a phone booth to this place." I said.

"Yeah. It's a fancy word for teleporter." Robin said. He then began walking. "Now c'mon. I'll introduce you to the team."

"Team?" I said following him.