Chapter 16

I had to stop being Ocelot for weeks and it was driving me insane. I just wanted to go out and run around but I couldn't because of my injuries.
But now they had healed and it felt so good to put the costume on again. Reattaching the second skin again.
I jumped out the window and onto the fire escape and started climbing up the building. I then started running and jumping onto each rooftop. I felt the wind Blowing my hair again and the sensation of being free. I jumped from building to building. Climbing up the sides of them. I even ran on top of one of poison Ivy's dead plants.

Last week poison ivy and some other super villains attacked the major cities with plants. The justice league stopped them of course but they still hadn't finished cleaning them all up.

I sat down to rest, sitting on the top of a rooftop with my legs hanging over the edge. I just sat and admired the view I had of Gotham.
Someone suddenly sat down next to me.

"How'd your injuries heal?" Robin asked.

"They healed great." I said.

"Well your body sure took its time. I was starting to get bored without you around."

"You think it was boring for you. It was excruciatingly boring for me." I said.

"I bet it was. You just can't seem to keep still." He said.

"I'm staying still right now." I said.

"I meant for long periods of time."

"I know what you meant." I said.

We sat there in silence for a while. With nothing but the grumbling of trucks and cars in the background.

"So." Robin spoke. "You gonna rob any toy shops tonight or."

"Shut up. That was a one time thing."

"So you're not busy." Robin said.

"You're not gonna try to get me to go to a diner with you again, are you?" I laughed.

"No. This is way better. And more fun." Robin said standing up and reaching out his hand.

I took it and Robin pulled me up. And started running.

"Come on" he said to me.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked.

"You'll see."

I followed Robin to an abandoned looking warehouse. We went up onto the roof and looked through the windows on top of it. Inside there were groups of men. They all seemed to be guarding a huge crate in the middle.

"Ok Robin. What are we doing?" I asked.

Robin looked at me and smiled. "Your going to do a heroic deed."

"Sorry. Can't. Won't look good on my criminal record if it says I fight crime."

"Oh come on. You've fought crime before." Said Robin.

"That was different..."

"You saved a lady and two children from being beaten. Right now we are going to save a lot people in Gotham by not letting the drugs in that crate get shipped. No difference at all."

I thought for a moment. I guess I did kind of owe Robin a favour because he saved me and all. And I never know. it might be really fun beating drug dealers.

"Fine" I said. "But why are we doing this. Where's the big bad Batman?" I asked.

"Replacing the wheels on the Batmoblie." Robin laughed.

"What?"

"I don't know. Some little street kid took the wheels off the car."

"Yeah. Go street kids." I said.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever. Now let's do this." Robin said.

Robin and I jumped through the window. We landed on the ground and started attacking.
I jumped on someone's head and threw him to the ground. I then turned and punched a guy behind me multiple times until he dropped to the ground. I then got out my pepper spray and sprayed about five thugs in the eyes.

"Hey." Robin yelled while fighting a thug. "At least challenge yourself. Pepper spray is cheating."

"Fine" I said putting away the spray and going back to hand to hand combat.
I continued to fight people. They just kept coming. I thought it was never going to stop. Until suddenly. There was no one left.

"Wow" I said panting. "That was actually kinda fun."

"No. This is the fun part." Robin said throwing a bunch of birdarangs at the big crate in the centre.

"I'd step back if I were you." Robin said.

I moved back. And just in time because the entire crate exploded into pieces.

"Well. Bye bye drugs." I smiled walking over to Robin.

"See I said it would be fun." He said.

"Yeah you were right. It was. I never thought beating up drug dealers could be so thrilling."

"Yeah. You see why I do it. And hey we made a pretty good team." Robin said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I smiled.  "Don't get your hopes up bird boy. This was a one time thing."

I leant in and kissed him on the cheek. His skin turned all red.

"See ya around Robin." I said running out of the warehouse.

"Yeah. See ya." I heard him call out.