Chapter 42

"And here it is." Dick said pulling out a beautiful long plain black dress. "What do ya think?"

I just stared at it. Mouth hanging open as my fingers caressed the fabric.  I had never owned a piece of clothing so beautiful in my life.

"Alfred picked it out. I had picked out a leopard print dress... but he thought this might look good on you. But to be honest. I think anything would look good on you."

That comment made me blush. And when Dick saw it he smirked knowing he had made me pink.

"Oh and you have two hours to get ready."

"What!" That snapped me out of my dress trance. "That's not enough time. And I don't know what to do."

"Don't worry Katie. I brought in a fashion expert. Well. I don't think she is. But, She insisted on getting you ready."

"Wait don't tell me it's...."

"It's Barbara." Barbara said entering the room. "And I'm here to get you ready for the ball Katie."

Artemis walked in behind her.

"Artemis? Your here too." I said.

Artemis laughed. "Are you crazy. It's Barbara doing fashion. I can't miss this. I can't wait to see how she wreaks you."

"Hey!" An offended Barbara said. "Don't worry Katie. You will be beautiful."

"Yeah. I'm just gonna go. I don't know if I wanna see something beautiful become what Barbara thinks is beautiful." Dick said and then left the room.

"Oh that fills me with so much confidence." I said rolling my eyes. "Babs. Are you sure you know what your doing?"

"Katie. Trust me and just sit down and relax." She said in a soothing tone.

"I don't know. I feel like..."

"JUST SIT DOWN!!!" Barbara yelled.

I immediately ran into the seat. Artemis started laughed and sat down on my bed.

"That's better. Now relax and let me work." She said pulling out her laptop and putting on a Fashion tutorial video on YouTube.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." I said.
__________________________

I walked down the main stairway in the Manor. Immediately five faces were staring at me as I came down.
To be honest. Barbara had done an amazing job. Followed the video perfectly.

"Wow. Katie. You. Your. I don't have any words big enough to describe it." Said Dick who was wearing a black tuxedo.

I smiled at his comment. Then it slowly disappeared when I remembered I was gonna let him go. Wow. I'm a horrible person.

"Yeah. You look beautiful." Said Bruce who had a tux identical to Dicks.

"I must agree with master Bruce on that." Said Alfred.

"I know. I'm great." Said Barbara. "Next time you should think twice before dissing my skills." She said poking Artemis.

"Yeah. I think I might have to." Said Artemis who hadn't taken her eyes off of me.

"Guys please. I don't look that good."

Barbara looked at me like she was offended.