deck 1

;

2015, january 10th / 10:37:29

"you're definitely the best." moonbin whispered into her ear. she just finished editing and replacing every cctv video at ilsan art gallery with the ones they recorded beforehand, the ones without them stealing the priceless stepping stone painting. it took her an all nighter and she was tired and hungry as hell.

juhyeon waved her hands and slung her bag over her shoulders, "anything for a friend. plus, you're paying for breakfast today."

they both stepped out from the apartment and went to wait for the elevator before stepping in to reach the car park. moonbin chuckled, "you helped us all, it's fair enough if i pay."

the sky was bright and blue, there were many cars on the road since it was a sunday and everyone was going out to have fun. the two old friends had a chat in the car filled with laughs and insults.

they reached the breakfast shop downtown seoul half an hour later due to the tragic traffic. moonbin had asked juhyeon to go in first so she doesn't have to wait for him to find a parking space at this hour. the girl didn't object anything and just followed what he said.

she walked into the shop and breathed in the aroma of coffee beans and breakfast. bacon. she was hella hungry and just two bowls of ramen at 3am isn't going to cure her hunger. juhyeon went to the counter and ordered moonbin and her each a breakfast set and coffee before going to find a table.

juhyeon found one at the side of the shop beside the windows and sat down. she picked up today's newspaper that was hanging on the newspaper rack and decided to have a look.

BREAKING NEWS !

precious [ stepping stone ] painting by painter - park son jin at ilsan art gallery reported to be missing!
no suspects are found through cctv cameras and no evidence of break in was found.

the police are working on finding the reason to the disappearance of the painting.

she smiled, serves him right. plagiarizing a painting by a non-famous painter and claiming that it was his was something her two other friends cannot tolerate. moonbin and sanha did a great job with it though, sending it back to the original artist.

she closed the papers and placed them back on the rack before settling down to see their breakfast was already on the table.

she mentally sang happy day and cheered before munching in her breakfast. moonbin was still nowhere to be found and if he's not coming back any sooner, his breakfast ain't surviving from her stomach. she chewed her waffle and admired the interior design and architecture of the breakfast shop, it was simple with paintings hung around the walls, and every table had a small light bulb hanging over.

she continued eating before she noticed a playing card on top of the receipt. she placed her utensils down and picked it up to take a look. it was a custom made one for sure, the quality was different from those you buy at a cheap price. she turned it around to be greeted by the queen of hearts card, instead of a red or black queen, it was a purple one. her favorite color.

her eyebrows creased, the hell. she examined the clothes the queen was wearing, freaking hoodie and sweatpants. definitely juhyeon's style. below the picture were words written in really really small words.

meet at 13th january / 1100, at d island condominium, story 18-10-17, seoul. be there.

is this even for her? a stranger wanting to meet her. remember the time her mom told her life is a mystery drama? yeah, she doesn't either.

she looked more closely at the card to see more words written vertically on the card.

      and yes juhyeon, its for you.

;