A Warning of Imminent Danger

She dodged and weaved as she flew through the trees, cutting down any goblins that came near, but she was getting tired.  Lailen couldn't remember ever becoming weary so quickly.  She saw a few more of those black drops.  That was good.  Rain would make the cloud disappear.  With the sun out, the goblins were beaten.  She kept thinking this was a good thing.

Now if only she could stay awake!

The goblins flew around her, swarming like locusts!  They were starting to overwhelm her.  Many goblins around her raised their swords at once!  This was it!  Until...

THWUMP!

A goblin fell to an arrow.  In the confusion Lailen flew out of the swarm, though she knew it should have been easier to do that.  Why was she so tired?  She looked and Kareen was the one providing cover fire!  That was wrong.  She shouldn't be here!

"Get out of here!" cried Lailen!

Kareen shouted something that Lailen couldn't hear.  A few more black drops landed on her, and she felt even more tired.

"Get out of here!" Lailen cried again as the goblins descended.

"The rain is..." Kareen cried but Lailen couldn't make out that last part.  She swiped a goblin away and still felt all the more tired, but she had to fight on.

"What?!" she cried.

"The rain is poisoned!" cried Kareen.

It hit Lailen.  The black drops from the cloud.  The cloud had been poisonous!  How could she have been so stupid!  They needed to find shelter!

They needed to find shelter now!

She joined Kareen and they flew off, goblins in pursuit, desperate to find somewhere to hide from the rain!

As they flew, the rain picked up speed!