Q/A's, Explanations, Etc.

Hi, Since this is the end of the story, I decided as a lovely author, explain certain things about this book and took the time to answer questions about this novel. If you have this book in your archive from years ago then.....I don't think you have to read it. But this is for the confused, the whaaaa? And the ignorants.

(U P D A T E D : August 2017)
Let's get started.

Is this author white?

No I am not white and yes I received this question actually. Yes, I get tired of hearing this shit. It was surprising how I got this comment actually, but no. Some of the readers are misinformed.

Are you going to make a second "ASLH?" (Regularly asked)

No I'm not and I have many many, reasons why that I might forget some or not list them all.

Just to remind you This book is hella old, and I mean, HEELLLAAAA! When I wrote "A Shawty Like Her" it started in a composition book that...wasn't written out all the way in late middle school early high school. I started Wattpad around then, with not many other interracial books in the search engine, and I felt very limited to just 3-4 books in my library that I was thinking, "hey! Why not write my own!" And it happened. My friends started passing it around in my social group of females, reading the book and (even fought over it) lol, because it was something new to the table for them and for me. Interracial relationships for black teenagers like me did not happen. I live in a predominately white environment, school, area, so it was hard to really attract guys who would never look twice at a black girl, so around that time.

Sheilah somewhat IS actually a reflection of my relationship and situation in a character's perspective of my life. The truth is that the white guy I was interested in indirectly stated he couldn't date me because I was black. I'm sure every black girl knows how that goes so. . .
Twisting the storyline, I made it about "a black girl " instead because in society, we already get micro-aggressions like "(you're pretty for a black girl" as an example)that if I had readers read LITERALLY what comes out of ignorant people's mouths on a daily basis, It's not brand new either. Yes, it may be [whatever year you read this : INSERT HERE] but that shit still happens.
I also feel like people don't think in the real world, guys or girls don't reject someone who has a crush on them because of their skin color when that happened to me.
It's kind of ironic if you look at it through a writer's critical lens. My friends after ASL did not support my interest with white guys after that and I won't go into further detail but yeah, I guess you could say they idolized Wesley but not white guys then.

Then Scandal came around yada yada yada, and these interracial relationships to me were "accepted" more in the media. It didn't have to be something I had to keep to myself in order to save myself from emotions and feelings because someone did not like me or etc. That being said, I did like a guy who happened to be white, but it didn't turn out the way I wanted it.

Here is ANOTHER reason, ASL number #2 is not going to be a sequel.

1) I didn't want to write Wattpad books anymore , I wanted to write books that came off of library shelves from here on out. (You guys know the difference, don't look/be surprised)

2) I went to France and their culture (a couple years ago not this year) changed my life. Seriously, please travel more children and folks, the world is a glorious place, and not the touristy part , I mean their actual culture, is just ... yeah. Okay. I believe I changed a lot mentally and internally since then. That's why "Brown Skin" my second book is written the way it is. I wanted to write for "people-pleasure" and not myself. So, I stopped doing that, lost followers and that was that truthfully.