Chapter XXX

"Sheilah, Sheilah, Sheilah, Sheilah, Sheilah, Sheilah...." Aubrey annoyingly repeated over and over again. I tried my best to ignore her but Aubrey's voice was getting all in my head with the high-pitch octave, making me mad.

I threw a pillow at her. "What the fuck do you want?"

"Can we please please PLLLLEAASSEE go to Dalton's house to record?"

She has been begging me for two weeks about this recording for Mama's wedding and I would just come up with poor excuses. I really didn't want to go, truthfully, because WESLEY might be there, and I don't wanna see him. Yes, it has officially been two weeks, (compared to my situation, a lifetime) and life for me wasn't getting anywhere nor any faster. I usually just spend my days at home watching TV forever and eating but that's it. Oh, and working off the calories I consume which is the one and only.... the treadmill. Yep.

Life's great.

"Noooooooo," I groan.

"This ain't happenin' no more." Aubrey threw the pillow back at my head, "Mama said you HAVE to go and if I ask her about it one more time, she's gonna get your-"

"Aiight, fine," I say out of irritaion. I was already just tired of her ass talking, "Let me get dress."

Aubrey hesitated, "Re-really? We going?"

I stared at her with stupidity."Isn't that what I said?'

She clapped her hands with glee. "Yaaayy, I'll go get my stuff girlie." And she skipped out of my room.

Great, now I have to actually get dressed and physically go over to the house.

I took a quick shower and put on a nice simple short emerald-green dresd and brown sandals. Nothing classy, just somethin' for a regular day.

I waited in the car for Aubrey to come, and she flopped in the passenger seat wearing a dress as well, but had patterns and was tight and short as anything.

"Aubrey.... you're dressing like that to Dalton's house?"

She shrugged, "Yeah."

"Oh okay." Was all I said back.

She can do whatever she wants.

We get to the Dales's house and Dalton was at the door google-eyeing Aubrey, while behind him, laughter and bitchy giggles were going on, and Wesley was trying to get something from Vivian but he was outta reach, so he picked her up.

I was churning with jealousy.

Thanks to Dalton, he cleared his throat at both of them.

Wesley put down Vivian and took a step away from her, looking right at me. Pain shot to my heart and heavy tension filled the air. His eyes shot with plead and guilt, but I wasn't taking that.

I put a hand on my shoulder and look away with unease.

"Hey Sheilah! What are you doing here?" Vivian piped. Her eyes striked, daring me to say something to her maybe pitiful or kind, I'm not sure, and the slick smile she plastered on... was victory.

I didn't look up nor answer her question. I just felt very uncomfortable and sick at the moment.

Dalton scratched his head, feelin' the vibe, and replied, "Let's go to the studio." And we headed down to the basement.

Their basement was freakin' huge! The record studio had it's own small section, with two chairs near a desktop with buttons and switches, two big black speakers on each side of a flatscreen TV on the wall, and a couch. A small glass cube where Aubrey will be singing, held headphones and a circular microphone attached to the ceiling. As a wall blocked well, splits, the other side, had a pool table, and a bar with billions of wine bottles. There was also a theater room down the hall that was one-fourth of a cinema... this is just crazy. This has to be all they could ask for because I can barely get a TV in my room.