Chapter XII

Wesley decided we should go to my house since no one was there, and there would be peace and quiet. (Not for those reasons).

Or so I thought.

After having a make-out session with Wesley, which felt like an amazing eternity, suddenly the door shut.

Some one was in the house!

I grab the pistol my mama put in the near drawer, and pointed it.

"Who's there?" I shouted.

"Sheilah, you don't ask who's there to someone breaking into your home." Wesley corrected.

Clicking and clacking was coming toward us.

I started shaking.

"Child you betta put that god-damn pistol down before you actually shoot somebody. That ain't a toy."

Mama.

Why does our good moment always has to be ruined by somebody? Like, can we at least have some privacy up in here?

"Mama your suppose to be at work or whatever, why are you here early?"

She snorted, "Baby, I was gonna ask you the same question but all the business is right in front of me."

I blushed and quickly and put my hand over my face. "Mama we aren't doing anything, I swear...."

"Hmm... you think I don't know, till I walk in and see y'all all up on the kitchen table doing God knows what—"

"Mama!" I interrupted, "I would like you to meet, Wesley."

Wesley was so red after Mama's comment, I thought he was gonna die blushing. He quickly jumped up and stuck out his hand.

"It's nice to finally meet Sheilah's mom," Wesley said showing off his perfect teeth.

Mama waved his hand away. "Nah, Nah... in this family we don't do handshakes, a hug will do." She chuckled. After they hug, Mama grabs on to his arms before he could leave.

"Man O man, you have some nice toned arms there for a young boy, you've been workin' out?"

Wesley blushed, "Yes Ma'am."

"OOOhh, I like to hear the sound of that, yes ma'am did you hear that Sheilah? He needs to teach you some of that mmmhm, you probably have some good brothas and sistas who were well-behaved too."

I rolled my eyes. Why did she have to rub it in my face? Like daaammmnnn.

"I'd have to say, not as well as me." Wesley stated.

"Oh. You so confident! I like you! I like you very much, now tell me, do you have any baby mamas? And it better not be my daughter."

"Mama!" I screamed. What is up with her? Has she been smoking? Even though she's never taking a whiff of any substance, she's never acted all like this when I brought boyfriends in the past.

"Sheilah! You betta calm yo' self down before I beat you down! Show some manners!" Mama snapped.

She turned back to Wesley with her whole "happy" expression I should say. "What was I saying again?"

"Um... any baby mama's?" Wesley answered.

"Oh yea. Right. That's what we were talking about."

I had enough of this.

I went out to the front porch and sat down swinging in my grandma's old rocking chair. Why was Mama treatin' him better than what she treats me? I know I have an attitude, but she didn't have to diss me like that in front of him. It was kind of embarrassing to say at the least.