Chapter X

It's been a couple months since Wesley and I got together. I really, really do have affectionate feelings for him, it makes butterflies in my stomach flutter.

At school, I headed to my locker and got some things out. Someone spun me around, hoping it was Wesley.

It wasn't.

It was Dayjon.

I secretly kicked myself for smiling like an idiot, knowing it wasn't my boo. We haven't been showing any PDA at school and all because I decided to keep in on the low. Wesley was pouty and disappointed which made him look even sexier, but now, I had to get rid of Dayjon, even though he doesn't know, (well no one knows) that Wesley's all mine, even though Dayjon still makes me weak in the knees.

Dayjon put his thumb on my lip and whispered, "Hey my sexy."

His sexy? I ain't his sexy nothin'! He's always flirting and getting it on with the other girls.

I gently pushed him away before Wesley comes popping up thinking were doing something.

Dayjon raised his eyebrows, shocked, and I thought he was about to punch me in the face, but he let out a hearty laugh.

It sounded more cold and bitter.

"So you've been feisty all along.....? I like that."

Dayjon steps closer to me. He was so close, that I was inhaling his cologne and his breathing was all up on me. I was about to freakin' cry out for someone till I heard Travis's deep voice.

"Aye man, you betta back up off of her."

Dayjon spun around, but fiercely, that I lost my balance and stumbled on the lockers. I couldn't hear what Travis and Dayjon were sayin' because my head was throbbing with pain, but they were all up in each other faces arguing, then Dayjon walked away before giving me a seductive smile, and stared Travis down.

Travis came over and held out his hand to me. I grabbed it and got up. "You okay?" He said looking worried.

Awww, he was so cute like that.

I rubbed the back of my head. "Yeah, I'm fine just hit my head a bit. Is he like that all the time?"

"Who? Dayjon? Yeah, twenty-four/seven, he can't get enough of girls even if it killed him."

I softly laughed at that.

Travis smiled but got serious. "If he ever is like that again, let me know, because I gotchu."

I nodded my head, feeling the pain seek back.

Can he be anymore fine? I thought.

"So....," I replied, "How are you about...... things?"

He snapped his head at me with a sad expression. I've never seen Travis looked so down before.

Clearly, I've started to notice the bags under his eyes, his clothes a little shaggier.... it was so different from him. I wanted to put my arms around him and hug him, but that would be a little too weird if L'taija popped up seeing that.

"Oh. You mean those things?" he sighed, "I don't know anymore. I thought L'taija and I were good, we haven't been having problems, until she-" Travis stopped.

I waited for him to finish his sentence but nothing came out. He was looking at me, but instead, passed me. I followed his eyes and saw L'taija standing a few feet away with no expression. I could feel the hard cold tension between them. It wasn't right for them or me as a friend to be in the middle of this.