Katherine on the other hand that witty girl. Was by Jake's side feeling the leaves in awe. “ Oh Jake it reminds me of your cheeks. ”

If Joshua wasn't burning with anger he would have been rolling on the floor with laughter. Lady Katherine was a very beautiful blond, with the brightest blue eyes,you have ever seen. She was all beauty and no brains. Joshua sat on the couch and pour himself some brandy. This required a drink. Hell this entire day needed more than a bloody drink!

“ Did I miss something master Joshua?” His valet question at the scene before him. To Joshua the guy was a nuisance who gossip more than the ladies of the ton.

“ Is that a rhetorical question?” Joshua raised his eyebrow sarcastically at Vinson. Even a blind can see he had definitely missed something.

“ Jake Darling ” Katherine turn staring at Jake with a confused expression. “ I thought it was Lady Fisher who hit her husband ”  Joshua sink back in the chair as a groan escape his lips. Wishing he was drunk. That way he can say he was hallucinating from too much liquor. Leave it to Katherine to rat him out in front his valet.

Jake rested one hand on Katherine's shoulder ushering her out the door. “ Lord Fisher said it's a wall. So it's a wall ” he chuckled nervously staring at Joshua. “ good bye everyone!”

“But I-” the rest of her sentence was cut short by the door being shut behind them. David and Jennifer soon followed. Leaving Joshua and his valet alone.

“ So should I tell the others to be careful in their search?” The amuse expression he wore quickly vanished by Joshua's. 'Do it and you die look'

“I believe I heard Regin calling me” Vinson made a quick exit out the drawing-room. Half running in the process.

*****

" Still no sign of my wife? " Joshua question the Butler, wiping his mouth with a napkin. Having dinner alone was something he was accustomed to since as a child.

" no sir." He reply with bow.

"Well I'm going to bed. She would show herself sooner or later." Joshua walked out the dining room, to his bedchamber.

His bedchamber was huge and had a massive bed. That stood in the middle; Two oval shaped antique desks that was filled with old documents, neatly packed on each other. A huge closet and a chaise lounge.

With a loud sigh he sat on the edge of his bed taking off his boots and shirt. It's been a long, eventful day today. The bed squeak as he stood and walked to the closet. Thunder boomed in the sky as it started to rain. I hope they reached home safe. He thought before he was knocked to the ground. Hovering over him was his lost wife. Who looked terrified.

Joshua narrowed his eyes at her." What are you doing in here!"

Halley was fast asleep in the huge closet when she heard the echoing of thunder. She hated the sound ever since she was a child. It's one of her fears, she never out grew. It frighten her and had her shaking like a leaf on a windy day.

She stare at her angry husband and realized she was to close to him. To close that she could feel... Halley quickly pry herself off her husband's body and out of the intimate position they were in.

"I'm sorry." She said hoarsely. Looking around the dark room just then more thunder began to roar like a lion causing her to scream and cover her ears. Tears rolled off her cheeks as she crawl towards a dark corner in the room.

Joshua sat upright on the ground. Shock at the scene before him. His wife wasn't that tough after all. She was scared of the thunder. He could remember as a child he used to be but not anymore. Why hasn't she grew out of it?

Joshua crawl over to his wife." Halley?" Halley was rocking back and forth humming to herself. Her mother use to sing to her anytime she was scared and it helps distract her from her fears.

Joshua wrap his arms around her slender body." You're safe with me Halley. " Halley felt her husband's warm body against her and lay her head on his chest. Joshua felt her relax in his arms. Her breathing was steady. She seems to be falling a sleep.

“ Halley let's get you back to your room ”  

Halley eyes flew open and she stare at him with white face. She didn't want to go back to her room alone. It was dark and with the noises she would never be able to sleep.

“No! I want to stay here! Please don't let me go back their. Not tonight! I know you don't desire or want me near you. As You say I'm a leech you never wanted. ” she sobbed. “ I'll stay here and sleep on the floor ”

"Halley." Joshua said as he raised her face to meet his. Her brown eyes glittering in the dark,full of tears."Who told you I don't desire you? and you're not a leech. It was stupid of me to say that."

Halley saw the sincerity in his sky blue eyes that seems to lid up the gloomy room. He was telling the truth." You never kis-" Halley was cut off by Joshua's lips pressed against her. It was a slow sensual kiss and Halley could tell  from that one kiss that he more than desire her.

Joshua didn't know what was happening to him. One look from his wife and all the anger he felt towards her seems to disappear. Her lips were soft as cotton like he had thought, when she ran her hands through his hair. That was his undoing.

Joshua end up making love to his wife on that weatherly night. Only there erratic breathing and pleasurable moans could be heard over the echoing of the thunder and pouring of the rain.

Hey my lovely readers I have changed this chapter a bit. I add and deleted some scenes. Hope you guys like the change mwah

Don't forget to vote and comment :)