Energy: Behind The Scenes At The Samurai Z Base

Ever wonder what happened at the Samurai Z Base while Alex was on her missions?

On day one, when Alex and Lloyd first arrived at the forest, Jessie became in charge of the base. "Jess, you sit right here and look out for them. I need to rest my head." Alex's dad says with a frown.

"No prob bob! I've got them!" Jessie says with a giggle. Alex's dad gives her a small smile then begins to leave the cave. Jessie runs over to the computer and hops in her swivel chair, almost sliding off but she remains steadiness.

She opens up YouTunes on the computer and starts blasting music. She was in a pretty good mood, for missions had always excited her.

Eventually, Alex called, seeming relieved to have finally made it to the forest. Jessie began pressing buttons on the controls and sent the coordinates to Alex and Lloyd. It was getting late, so she figured they should set up camp for the night.

She made a little joke to Lloyd to freak them out and it worked. She hung up bursting out in laughter. Once she relaxed she called up Alex's Dad.

"Sir." She starts. "Yes, Jessie?" "They have reached the forest and are setting up camp for the night." "Alright. I'll be down there. You can go on home Jessie you've earned it." "Alright sir, thank you! Jess over and out!" She says then hangs up.

She gets up and yawns and stretches. Then she checks the time. "Sheesh. It's been 6 hours. Dad will want me home by now anyways." She says then grabs her purse with her stuff and begins to exit the cave.

Day Two.
Jessie was back in the cave again.
She had received a call from Alex, getting pissed that Lloyd had accidentally gotten both their vehicles down a hill and into a lake. Jessie had a great time laughing but as usual, Alex was not amused.

While Alex was complaining about having partners, Jessie received a text message from her father.

DADDEH: Jessie, I need you home early today.

Jessie quickly responded back.

Me: K. See u soon.

Jessie explained to Alex that she had to go but explained that her dad should be able to be in contact if she needs it. Jessie hung up and called up Alex's dad again.

"Yes Jessie?" He picked up. "Sir, My father wants me home early. Permission to leave?" "Of course! I'll stay in the base for a bit." "Thank you! Jess over and out!" She says then hangs up.

Later on that day, Sensei Garmadon came over to help out Alex's dad with the mission.

"We should call them! See how they are doing." Garmadon suggests. "Okay. But how do you do video call..." The two men looked at every button trying to figure out how to start.

"Well haven't you made calls on this before!" "I was with Jessie! She updated this whole system!" They both sigh and continue looking for the right button.

"Wait! What's this button?!" Alex's dad says and presses a purple button with a video camera picture on it. They had actually called Lloyd but they didn't know that Lloyd had picked up anyways. The screen was black so the two couldn't see Lloyd or Alex.

This time Garmadon pressed a yellow button and Alex and Lloyd appeared on the screen! But...then they couldn't hear them. Eventually, after talking about how communication was better back then, they could finally hear the two.

When Lloyd confesses the accident he had with the vehicles they were surprised. After the phone call they went over to Alex's mech. "Was this one of those...hand me downs?" Garmadon asks walking around it.