Chapter One

Kyles P.O.V

I lit Tyler's pipe and he took a deep breath of the relieving marijuana. Me and my group were behind the school smoking weed. I think they were doing it for the pure enjoyment but I was more doing it cause of my personal problems. The more deep breaths of the smoke, I took the higher I got, and I felt happy for once. I felt like I was on cloud 9.

Eventually, we ran out of the very little marijuana, what's his name brought. I wasn't truly friends with these guys but I guess we were okay. Yes, I was the most popular guy in school, but that didn't mean I had any friends. I was extremely quiet, I don't even know how I got to be popular and have girls all over me. I guess, maybe to them I was good looking, but it would be selfish to say I thought so, to which I didn't. Too many people said I wasn't worth it and I should stop living . . . But that was outside of school. Inside of school was
different.

I'll just be blunt about it, I'm gay. Nobody knows that except for my family. I don't want anyone else to either, I will go from a '100' to a '1' real quickly in my popularity rank.
So onto my family life. My family had always been living, and honestly, the most normal family you could think of. We went to church every Sunday, I went to school every week day, and Saturday we would do something fun.

For example in October we would go to a Corn Maze. But the last year . . . Has been completely different. My whole family avoids me, even my own brother. Sometimes they even beat me. I don't just mean my mom, dad and brother. I mean like everyone from my grandma to my cousins. They don't want to get in trouble for kicking me out though, so they let me keep my room and stuff, but they only talk to me for obvious reasons like "'You have to go to school today or you'll get held
back and we'll be stuck with you for longer'," or my brother just calls me a "fag" my own brother, that I had always looked up too.

Ever since they started calling me names, I have self harmed, and even thought about suicide . . .  But when I go to school, I am actually happy. Like everyone thinks I'm the best, and looks up to me and supports me. It was truly amazing; how my life could go from a disaster to heaven in such a small amount of time.

I walked to my science class without saying a word to anyone, and took my seat in the back of the class where I usually sit.

"Alright class," said Mr. Fuentes, "we are showing our science presentations today." I sighed cause I forgot to do it. Typical.
"Today these students will present," he continued usually it was all the nerds; then the jocks; then the popular kids, me. "Shannon, Danny, Luke, and um Johnnie."

The time seemed to tick by in slow motion. Probably because, I was staring at the clock the whole time. During the last person, I decided to pay attention. Whatever his name is got  up and grabbed his tri-fold and started presenting.

As he got up, I couldn't help but see the best features about him. His small frame, just what I like in a guy. Don't get me started on his eyes, I could see how beautiful they were from across the room. His dark black hair combed to the side. Finally his outfit, skinny jeans, a white short sleeve button up, and big glasses that honestly looked adorable on him.

I've never even noticed this boy before. For the first time in science, I actually paid attention. His voice spoke so....confidently. He was stunning. I think I stared for a little to long, cause while everybody was clapping, I was still staring with a huge smile spread on my face. I probably looked like a creep.

I would ask him out, but he's to good for me.