22. Tu Tu Main Main & Strange Dream

Start from the beginning

"Waqas, you don't need to open doors for me. Driver nahi hain aap mere. Husband hain." I rolled my eyes at him and he chuckled.

"Tum larki ho bhi keh nahi? Larkiyan marti hain keh unke husbands unke liye yeh kren aur ek tum najaane kahaan se tapki ho." He laughed as the engine of his mustang.... I mean our mustang, roared to life.

"Woh apne husband ko phir naukar samajhti hongi. Aap bohot lucky hain." I boasted and he chuckled again.

"Madam, aapko mood swings hone lage hain bohot." He stated rather seriously and I groaned.

"Jee, nahi. Mujhe nahi hote." I glared at him.

"Yeh dekho. Abhi thori der pehle sahi thi and larkiyon ka mazak uraa rhi thi aur ab phir ghusse se dekh rhi ho." He looked at me.

"Accha na, bas. Aage dekhen." I placed my hand on his cheek and shifted it to the road ahead.

"Waqas," I said, thinking how I should continue.

"Hmmm," He said and shot a short glance in my direction.

"What do you think about Hafsa?" I said, my voice as low as a whisper.

He furrowed for a while but then nodded, understanding what I meant.

"I think it's Shehry." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"No, it's Hussain. I'm sure." I said, my voice confident.

"Hussain? Nahi, yaar. It's Shehry. He likes her, I'm sure." He said and his hand dug into his pocket.

"Nope. I think she likes Hussain and Hussain likes her back." I argued and he handed me his phone.

"Gallery kholo." He said and I frowned at him. "Do as I say."

"Hunh?" I frowned and he nodded his head, urging me to continue. I smirked, "Khol lun? Larke apni gallery larkiyon se chupate phirte hain and you're asking me to open it? Woah!"

"Is mein chupane wali kia baat hai? I'm pretty confident, tum meri jaan itni asaani se nahi chorne wali." He smirked and I laughed.

"Woh toh hai." I pressed the lock button of his iPhone and the picture from the day we got to know about the little addition in our family flashed on the screen. My face was hidden in my palms, my face red. I still remember how I cried. The happiness was just out of the world, that feeling was inexplicable. I was clinging to Waqas's chest and he had his arm around me. He was grinning from ear to ear, the smile reaching his eyes. He looked so happy, we looked so happy. The picture brought back a bundle of beautiful memories and I felt overwhelmed, lucky and loved.

"This is my favourite picture of us." He smiled and I blinked my eyes rapidly, pushing away the tears. "Ab kholo bhi, Yaar."

I typed in the password on his mobile and opened his gallery and it had all the nonsense pictures possible. His mustang, starbucks, colleagues, Dia Rani, Shehry, Hussain, Atif, me- the pictures I never knew he took of me-and so much more. I rolled my eyes.

"Keep scrolling. You'll find a picture of a couple," He said and I raised my brow at him. "Clinging together."

"Allah, Waqas. Yeh larki kon hai?" I saw an ugly pic of me sleeping, curled up in my blanket and holding a teddy bear. Yes, I still love holding something when I sleep. My hair were spread all over my face. He frowned, stealing a glance at the phone and smirked.

"Yeh pata nahi kon si pagal larki hai. She keeps saying she loves me. Mein toh janta bhi nahi ise." He said, acting all innocent.

"Then why do you have a pic of her?" I acted like a hurt wife.