I slowed down the car as I swerved to the right of the road where he was on his phone, trying to call someone.

He noticed the car coming up to him and took the phone away from his ear. I think he noticed I was the one driving because he started blushing all of a sudden.

As I parked the car beside him, I wound down the passenger window. "Hey Zak. What are you doing out here?", I smiled.

"Hiii. Uhm well, I kinda forgot to put gas in the car and it ran out just after I left the house. I've been here for over 20 minutes trying to call my brother but he's not picking up.", he said shyly.

"Ohh, I can drive you to wherever it was you were going to.", I offered.

"Are you sure? I'm sure you're late for school and all. I don't wanna delay you.", he protested. "I will walk and try and find a taxi cab. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

"Noo, I insist. I'm sure you're late for work too. Besides my class doesn't start for another 30 minutes.", I lied.

Isabel cleared her throat, a bit, too aggressively and over dramatically, making her presence known to Zak who obviously hadn't realized she was even there.

"Oh, hi Isabel. I didn't know you were back there.", he greeted her.

"Hey Zak. "Don't worry. You can join us. We will drop you at work. We have just enough time to do that. Right, Olly?", she asked, her voice dripping with sarcasm which left Zak with a confused look on his face. Despite their budding friendship, he was not schooled in the ways of Isabel, completely oblivious to her tone of voice and my current predicament.

I rolled my eyes once again and then slapped myself mentally. 'Where did that lie even come from and why did I even do it?'

I should have just told him I was late too or listened to him when he refused my offer to drop him and left. He would have gotten to work eventually, anyways.

"Right.", I drawled sarcastically. I was going to kill Isabel after this.

"Oh, thanks so much. I'm really grateful. If there is any way I can repay you, I will.", he ranted cheerily as he opened his car to get his bag and phone before locking it.

"Well, you can repay us by baking us some of your delicious treats, especially that chocolate lava cake.", Isabel added, moaning as she mentioned the cake.

"Oh shut up. You don't have to repay us in anyway. We are glad to help.", I smiled at him as he entered the Jeep and shut the door.

"No. I don't mind. Really. Besides I love baking and as long as it's for you guys, it's not a problem.", he blushed, looking me in the eye.

"Oh, alright." I didn't notice what he was wearing until he was fully seated in the car with his bag on his lap and phone in his hand. He was clad in a black suit which hugged his frame rather tightly. He wore a white dress shirt underneath and a pink tie that matched the color of his delectable lips. He was incredibly stunning. This was the first time I saw him in his suit, up close, and the sight was mouth watering.

I didn't realize I had been staring at him for quite awhile until Isabel snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"Hey, Dumbo, move the car so we can get to his office and then back to school while it's still daylight."

I snapped out of my reverie and noticed he wasn't looking at me anymore but down at his lap and he was fiddling with his phone. His face was incredibly pink. This made me blush too as I shifted the Jeep into gear and pulled away from the curb.

"And wipe that drool from the side of your mouth. It's disgusting.", Isabel pointed out.

This made Zak's face to go a deeper shade of pink and mine too as I desperately wiped my mouth. There was in fact drool on it.