Fourty-Five: Collin's Birthday

~Two months later~
    I pull into Ian and Anthony's driveway. Matt sits in the passanger's seat and Collin sits in the back behind me.
   "Ready?" I ask Collin. He smiles and nods. We get out of the car and walk into Ian's house.
   "Collin!" Ian shouts running to him. He hugs him and wishes him a happy birthday. Collin and Ian have gotten close since Matt and I adopted him. Mari, Wes, Lasercorn, Flitz, and Anthony wish him a happy birthday and we all sit down in the living room.
   "So, Collin, when are the rest of your friends going to be here?" Lasercorn asks.
   "I dunno. Whenever Flora and Joven show up," Collin shrugs. As soon as he says that a knock sounds at the door. Ian opens the door and Flora, Joven, Austin, Drew, Maddox, and Vivianna walk in. They all wish Collin a happy birthday. I walk over to Collin, who's sitting at the table.
   "When's Lylah going to be here?" I ask. I've met Lylah a few times and she was really nice. She seems to have a crush on Collin too.
   "I don't know," he says. "I'm not sure she's going to make it."
   "Oh. Why not?" I ask.
   "I'd rather not talk about it,  mom," he says. I nod. Collin gets up and walks over to his friends, plastering a smile on his face. Matt sits next to me and lies a hand on mine.
   "I'm worried about him," I say.
   "You worry too much," Matt responds.
   "Isn't that a mother's job?" I ask with a smile. He chuckles.
   "I guess it is," he says. "Com'on, let's get something to eat."

   Once everyone eats and the cake is practically gone, Collin gets to open his presents. He gets a PS4 from Matt and I. He gets games from pretty much everyone from Smosh Games. His friends give him money.

   Once the party is over everyone starts leaving. Matt, Collin, and I stay at Ian's to help clean up. I hear a soft knock at the door. I walk over and open it. Lylah stands there.
   "Is, uh, is Collin around?" she asks. I nod.
   "Collin!" I call. He walks out of the kitchen and over to the door. He smiles when he sees Lylah.
   "Could I talk to you?" she asks. He nods walking outside with her and closing the door.

   ~Collin's P.O.V.~
   "What is it, Ly?" I ask. We sit down on the ground in front of the door. She hands me the box she was holding in her hand. It has holes in the top of the box. I look at her confused.
   "Just open it," she encourages. I smile and set the box down taking the top off. A small kitten sits in the box softly purring. It's black with a single white stripe down its spine all the way up to its nose. I smile and pick the kitten up.
   "What's its name?" I ask.
   "That's for you to decide," she says.
   "Smosh," I say.
   "What?" she asks.
   "That's his name," I say. "Smosh."
   "Why Smosh?" she asks. "What's a Smosh?"
   "My mom and dad work at Smosh Games on a YouTube channel with the same name. My cousin, Ian, has a YouTube channel called Smosh," I say. "So that's his name. Smosh."
   "I like that," she says with a smile. I set the kitten back into the box.
   "Thanks," I say. "For the kitten and you know everything else."
   "It's no problem. I mean, I don't really have any other friends," she says.
   "Austin said that you were known for hanging with the "skater" crowd. I thought you had friends. He said I'd be thought of as a skater kid if I hung out with you and no one would like me," I say. She scoffs.
   "The "skater" crowd. I don't have any friends. Austin and I dated for awhile, that's probably why he didn't want you to hang out with me," She explains. I nod. We sit in silence for a while, but it's not uncomfortable. I turn to her and she's looking at me. I start to lean in, she does as well. We meet half way and our lips meet. She runs her hand across my cheek. We pull apart.
   "I-I didn't mean to-"
   "Ly, it's okay-"
   She gets up and runs down the street. I get up and watch as she runs. I sigh and turn back toward the door. I touch my lips, smile, then grab Smosh and walk inside.

   ~Aeryn's P.O.V.~
   Collin walks inside with a smile on his face. He's holding a box.
   "What didja get?" I ask.
   "A kitten," he beams. I pull the small kitten out of the box.
   "Aww," I coo. "What's his name?"
   "Smosh," Collin replies. I look up at him. He just smiles.
   "That's adorable," I say. I pat the top of Smosh's head. He purrs softly. "We should get going. We have another busy day tomorrow."
   "What's happening tomorrow?" Collin asks.
   "We're going to the beach with the Smosh Games crew," I say. Collin nods.

   Matt, Collin, and I pull up at the beach and see that the rest of the crew is already here. We get out and walk down to where they set up their towels. I set my towel down and sit on it. Matt sets his on the right of me and Collin sets his on the left. Joven and Flora walk over.
   "Who wants to play chicken?" Flora asks excitedly.
   "Me!" I say. "How about it Matt?" He smiles and nods. We run out into the water. I get on Matt's shoulders and Flora gets on Joven's. Flora and I lock hands and try pushing each other. We all laugh and Joven loses his balance falling over into the water.
   "Josh!" Flora shouts smacking his shoulder. He laughs, red faced. Matt and I do a victory dance with me still on his shoulder.
   Out of nowhere Lasercorn  pushes Matt and I over into the water. I let out a shriek and hold my breath as I go under. Matt and I untangle from each other and resurface.
   "You bitch!" I yell at Lasercorn as he laugh maniacally. I chase him in the water, trying to splash him. He evades me and runs onto the beach. I sigh and fall back into the water. I resurface again once I need air. I hear someone yell "who's up to play more chicken?!"
   We get a bracket system going and film a game bang just playing chicken. The punishment is the losing team gets buried in the sand up to their necks and the crew can draw whatever they want on your faces.
   Joven and Flora ended up losing. Anthony and Mari won, big time. We bury Joven and Flora up to their necks and start drawing on them. Of course, there was a lot of dick drawing on their faces, but I drew a flower on Flora's face. We all laugh and have a fun time for the rest of the day on the beach. Matt and I swim out to the sand bar and sit on it.
   "I love you," I say leaning my head on his shoulder. He smiles and puts his arm around me and strokes my hair.
   "I love you too," He says. I turn and face him. I lean in to kiss him and he closes his eyes leaning in too. I splash him instead of kissing him and jump off the sand bar swimming toward shore.
   "Oh you're in for it now," he says jumping in after me. I scream and swim faster. Matt catches me when I'm already on shore. He picks me up from behind.
   "I want that kiss," he says with a laugh.
   "Never," I say playfully. He sets me down and spins me around. He kisses me. I hear the crew say their 'ews' and 'awws'.
   "Better?" I ask pulling away. He smiles.
   "Much."

   A/N: Okay, so, I'm really sorry for not updating a long time ago, but midterms are coming up and I've been really stressed. On top of all of that I've had writers block for a while on this story and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end it within the next few chapters, but fear not, for I will be writing a new fan fiction after this one. So, tell me what (or who) you would like me to write about. Thanks lots for understanding!    -T_N_W_