Imagine #24- Thomas (Miscommunication)

Newts P.O.V

"Come on you slinthead just ask her out already!" I nudge Thomas who is sat next to me in the deadheads. He laughs lightly and shakes his head. "What? Come on, you like her it's completely obvious!"

"I don't like her, she's just..." he trails off.

"Just what?" I push, wanting more information. It's obvious he likes Y/N. No, let me re-phrase that: LOVES Y/n. You can tell by the way he looks at her. Everyone knows- except her of course. She's oblivious. 

"Look Newt, I don't want-"

"-to talk about it?" I raise an eyebrow "Look Tommy, if you don't do anything now then you're gonna miss your chance." 

He scratches the back of his head looking down. I sigh and push myself up "I'm going to the bonfire- you should come too." I offer. 

"I might just stay here for a couple more minutes." he mumbles. 

"Okay..." I wonder back through the deadheads too the bonfire.

As I get closer I see Y/n dancing around and laughing with Gally- obviously drunk. I chuckle to myself and walk over to her. As soon as she spots me she comes running - well, stumbling- over to me, a drink in her hand. She shrieks as she trips and falls into my arms. 

"Whoa there Y/n" I say lifting her up a bit. She giggles and starts to hiccup making her laugh even more. 

"Oh..hic..Newtie..hic..this is so...hic..much fun...hic" she takes another swig of her drink and giggles some more- swaying lightly on her feet.

"Y/n! Come over here!" Gally yells, grinning at her. 

"Gotta..hic...go Newtie.." she begins to leave but i gently grab her wrist and take her drink from her hand. "I think you've had enough of this too."

She shrugs skips over to Gally.

 I chuck the remains of the drink on the grass and see a figure jogging over too me. 

"Newt!" I hear them yell. They get closer and I see who it is: Thomas. "I'm gonna tell her!" he grins excitedly. 

"Really that's great Tommy!" I grin and punch his arm. 

"Where is she?" he asks, clasping his hands together. I can see how much he wants this. How much he wants her. The determination in his eyes is unmissable. I turn around. 

"She's with-" I stop. 

"She's with Gally.." he whispers. I give him a sad look and we tear our eyes away from the sight of Y/n and Gally kissing. 

"That's not Y/N, Tommy, she's dr-"

"I'm going to bed Newt" he whispers, devastation in his voice. He turns and walks back to his room- fists clenched and his hands sometimes wiping his eyes. I sigh, feeling so much empathy for him. 

I walk over to Y/N and grab her arm, tearing her lips away from Gally. 

"Wh-" she starts, her eyebrows furrowed.

"I think it's time for bed now Y/N" I say sternly and I lead her back to her room.

She stumbles through the door and I shut it behind us. 

She begins to take her top of "Don't look you perv" she yells. I turn away  and face the door as she gets changed into her pyjamas. "I'm decent" she finally says. 

I turn around and she gets into bed. 

"Goodnight, Y/N," I open the door and begin to walk out. 

"Newt wait!" she gasps. 

"What?" I groan. 

"Can you tuck me in?" she says like a 3 year old. 

"Goodnight Y/N" I walk out the door. Hearing her go 'ugh' in defeat and I shut the door behind me.

Now time to talk to Tommy.  

Thomas P.O.V

I can't believe this. I sit on my bed with my hands in my head. Gally knew! He knew how much I loved her and he kissed her. I know he has no feelings for her. 

I can't believe I waited so shucking late. I should've got there sooner. Or none of this would've happened. It's all my fault-

"Tommy?" I see Newt standing in the doorway. 

"Go away Newt," I groan and lay on my back on my bed. He limps over to me and sits at my feet. "Do you mind?"

"Tommy, she had no idea what she was doing!" he insists. 

"You're ignoring my question..." I sigh. 

"Listen to me Thomas!" he basically yells. I sit up and see how serious Newt is. "You love her don't you?"

I nod.

"Well, when she's back to her normal self you will shucking tell her how you feel!" He instructs

I begin to shake my head but Newt interrupts me.

"Loo, I'm fed up of you being the little wimp you are! Get some balls and ask her out!" 

I raise my eyebrows. 

He sighs "Fine then, if you don't tell her then I bloody will tell her for you!" he stands up and walks to the door. 

"You wouldn't dare!" 

"Oh..I would.." and with that he shuts the door behind him. 

I sigh and lay down on my bed. 

If that's how Newt wants to play, then fine. Game on. 

Part 2????