Imagine #11- Thomas (You can't take it anymore)

I can't take this anymore.

I can't watch each and every one of my friends die.

It's not fair.

None of this is.

WICKED need to stop this.

All of it.

The tests.

The variables.

The wind on my face gives me goosebumps. I shake but don't climb back down.

I know I'm important to them.

That's why they sent me up.

To ruin everything.

To cause mayhem.

But I know what they want.

They want me to solve the maze.

So they can win.

But they don't know that I can remember everything.

So they don't know that I can ruin everything.

And I'll ruin the trials.

I'll make sure that they don't win.

They need me.

But I wont let them have me.

They deserve to fail.

I'm not doing this for me.

I breath deeply and clench my fists. Nothing will make me change my mind about this.  

No, I'm doing this for my friends.

For them to live.

For Thomas.

And this would help them.

Let them live.

Like they deserve too.

And WICKED will go down.

And I will make sure of it.

***

I watch the glade at work. I see the homestead, the blood house, the hammocks, the deadheads. Everything.

And I''m going to miss this.

But what I'm about to do is right. I know it. If I'm gone then WICKED will be over. They need me so bad it makes me laugh. About how they are dependent on me. But I'm not their slave and nor are my friends.

Nor is Thomas.

I love him so much it pains me to think I will never see him again. Touch him. Hold him.

But he will be free.

Everyone will.

That's what matters.

I look at my watch. 3:07. Thomas is still in the maze. I'm glad he is in there so he won't see this. I slowly turn on the concrete. Making sure I don't loose my balance. There it is. The maze. I can hear the Grievers. Those killing machines. WICKED will pay for this.

The wind blows my hair in my face. I breath. Taking in one last glance of the Glade.

I take one step.

And can only think of one thing.

WICKED's destruction.

And I fall.

I love you Thomas.

Thomas P.O.V

I run at a steady pace through the maze. Everything is quiet except for the sound of my feet against the stone floors. 

Picking up the pace I manage to easily find my way back to the glade in about an hour. 

As I enter it, I see a group of gladers gathered around something on the floor. 

I jog towards them, curious of what they are so intrigued by. 

Newt walks out of the crowd, head in hands. He falls to his knees. I sprint over to him. 

"Newt?" I shake him, crouching down to his level "Newt what happened?" 

He shakes his head violently, sobbing loudly into his hands. 

"Newt talk to me!" I say loudly. 

He breaths short and quickly as he removes his hands from his face. 

"What happened?" I whisper, tears forming in my eyes even though I have nothing to be sad about right now. 

"I-it was..." he shakes his head again. 

"Newt?" I ask again, agitated. 

"Y-y/n...I-i'm so sorry T-tommy.." He shakes slightly. I have never seen him like this.  

"What happened to Y/N?" My voice is low and worried. I stare at Newt until he finally raises his head and looks at me.

"S-she jumped.." he bursts out into tears. 

I sit there. Shell shocked. I let go of his shoulder slowly and scramble up to my feet. Everything is now spinning and I can't seem to make it stop. 

"Y-y/n.." I whisper to myself, clutching the sides of my head "It can't be...she can't be..." 

I suddenly find myself sprinting to the crowd of people. 

I push my way through them but I am stopped by a red-eyed Minho. 

"Don't do this to yourself Thomas.." he sniffs, wiping an eye. 

"Let me see her!" I growl. 

"Tom I-" he begins but I push him away and move to the front of the crowd. 

There she is. Lying there, blood around her head and her skin white as a sheet. Her beauty drained out of her. Everything I admired and loved about her is gone- and I wont get the chance to have it again. 

Clint lays a white sheet over her and looks up at me "I'm sorry Thomas.." he says apologetically. 

I shake and fall to my knees. I punch the ground repeatedly, screaming "Why her?!" I yell. Other gladers look at me with sympathy whilst others cry and and turn away from the horrible sight. No-one stops me though. 

Someone eventually pulls me up and I try to fight them but they are to strong. I give up, breathing heavily with tears streaming down my face. 

"Why her?" I whisper once more, staring at the lifeless body under that sheet. 

And then everything goes black.