Imagine #2 - Newt (fire)

I am a runner. I am used to seeing grievers, running from them, fighting them even. It was just a normal day in the maze for me...that was until I got back to the glade.

Tens of grievers- everywhere. In the homestead, the forest, blood-house. Gladers were lying motionless on the floor and others we desperately trying to fight them off. I run to a fallen glader closest to me. 

Crouching down, I turn him over gently "Clint..." I whisper, tears  forming in my eyes. 

I shakily stand up and look around, scanning the glade for any of my friends. Minho...Thomas...Chuck...Newt?

Newt! Where was he?

Something catches my eye. How could I have missed it? 

The homestead was a flaming torch, but there were teenagers gathered around it- kicking and trying to tear away the wood from the walls. Was someone in there? I ran towards them, dodging the frantic boys running past me. 

A griever lunges at me. I fall back and grab spear that happened to be lying next to me. I stand up. It looms over me but I scream and lunge at it. Not knowing what I hit, it falls down straight away. I stand back- shocked. It lies there. I see that I have killed it. But how? My spear remains in it and I yank it back out. On the end there is slime. My eyes widen.

I snap out of my daze and throw it too the ground. I get to the smoking building, the heat and the smoke making me gag. Then I see Thomas. I run towards him and grab his shoulder. He jumps away from me with worried eyes, but then soften. 

"Thomas what's happening?" I yell over the screams and shouts.

"It's Newt!" he tells me. My vision gets blurry and i stumble but Thomas catches me. "He's trapped Y/N!"

My heart is pumping wildly in my chest. Before I even realise what I am doing, my legs have taken over me. I smash through the door- ignoring the pain in my shoulder. I see Newt- surrounded by fire.

"NEWT!" I scream, coughing madly.

"Y/N?! What are you doing?! Get out of here!" he shrieks as he spots me. I run towards him but I am blocked by a falling plank of wood. I scream and stumble backwood as the fire spreads towards me- but I will get to Newt. Even if it is the last thing I do.

"Y/N!" Newt yells, his voice harsh. "Please, save yourself!"

I ignore him and run again, through the fire. My body aches and sting from the new burns I have just gained. Surprisingly I haven't even been set alight. Having the speed of a runner though does have it's perks. I fall but I am caught by a pair of strong arms: Newt. I cling onto him and he holds me tight.

"Y/N!" he coughs "I love you so much,"

"I love you too Newt.." I whisper and he kisses me with so much passion and love.

At least if we die, we will die together.

Wow, writing this was depressing :-(