Imagine #22- Newt (You comfort him)

"Okay, so Y/n as its your first night you will share Newts room with him." Abby instructed. I nodded, still a little shaken up from arriving into what they call the glade.
A hand touched my shoulder and I spun around quickly.
The person who had touched me jumped back and his hands up as if to surrender.
"Whoa, sorry didn't mean to scare you there love," he held out a hand "I'm Newt., second in command here in the glade." I looked at his large hand and cautiously shook it.
"I'm y/n."
"I know." He started walking to the corner of the shed to pick up a load of blankets.
"What?" I hurry after him as he continues in another direction, with the bedding in his arms.
"Hmmm?" He carries on walking.
I sigh. "How did you know my name? I've only just arrived."
" well, love, news tends to spread quickly here and I'm always one of the first to get it." He replies
"Oh. So you have an important job here?"
"Someone has to help Alby keep things in order." He shrugs and turns into a wooden, man-made building type thing.
"What job do you think I could have?" I ask eagerly.
"That's enough questions for tonight Greenie. You'll get the tour tomorrow." He turns into a small room with a single bed in.
"Greenie? What does that mean?"
"Look, I said before you'll find out tomorrow, okay? Just get ready for bed."
I sigh and sit on the bed whilst he lays out some blankets and pillows on the floor.
"Where am I sleeping then?"
"You can take the bed, I'll take the floor."
"Are you sure? I can take the flo-"
"No, I am more than happy to take the floor. Anyway you need the rest."
"Thanks," I smile.

He winks at me and gets under his covers, as do I.

"Night Y/N."

"Night Newt" I smile to myself and eventually drift to sleep.

I wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of soft crying. I sit up and look over to Newt. He's sat there hugging his knees and, sobbing into them. My heart breaks and I get out of Newt's bed and sit next to him. He doesn't even jump or look at you, he just puts his head on my shoulder, sniffing and letting the rest of his tears fall onto your shirt. I don't mind though. I wrap an arm around him and pull him into me for a hug- which he doesn't resist or pull away.

After a couple of minutes of silence I finally break it.

"Do you want to talk about it Newt?" I say softly into his sand hair.

He looks up at you, his eyes red and glassy. I look at him with kind eyes and smile a bit. He gets up from leaning on me and walks over to his bed, grabbing the pillow and blankets you were originally sleeping in. He then sets them down next to his pillow and gets back under the blankets, lying down. I look at him, puzzled.

He sighs and looks up at me with his big brown eyes "Would you stay with me?"

I nod and get under lie down next to him facing him. He reaches out and tucks a piece of my hair behind your ear. I get goosebumps at his touch.

He laughs quietly and moves a bit closer to my so our faces are only centimetres apart.

"Thank you" he whispers, stroking my cheek with his finger. I hold it and lace your fingers with his.

"Do you want to talk in the morning?" You whisper back.

He nods and lets go of my hand and wraps me up with his blanket so we are wrapped up closer to each other. I smile and snuggle into him as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"Thank you, Y/N" he says again.

"Anything for you," I whisper and I see him smile some more in the darkness.

"Goodnight Greenie." he whispers, his breath tickling my lips. Oh, how badly I want to kiss them.

"Goodnight Newt" I reply and we both fall asleep in each others arms.