Imagine #4- Newt (You meet)

You were with the med-jacks, in the homestead. Your head pounding and ears ringing. You turned your head to see a blond haired boy laying in the bed next to you. He had a leg in a cast which was supported in the air by a sling of the ceiling. His light brown eyes were boring into you and his blonde, shaggy hair was flopped on his forehead.

"May I help you?" you ask, confused at why this boy was staring at you. He turned his head away sharply, causing him to wince.

"Sorry..." he mumbles, his face red.

"It's okay" you giggle, blushing yourself. "How come I haven't met you around here?" He turns back to you and furrows his eyebrows together.

"When did you come up?" his accent was definitely a British accent.

"Uh, this morning.." you reply.

"Well if you have only been here for a about half a day then maybe not everyone got to see you." he laughed. You look down, embarrassed at how stupid you must have sounded. "I'm Newt- I would shake your hand but..." he gestures towards his leg. You smile.

"Y/N. So how did you hurt your leg?" you ask curiously. His smile fades and he turns away.

"It's a-a long story..." he whispers.

"Well, I have time" you whisper back. His eyes a watery as he turns back to you. You get up from your bed, grab a chair and walk over to him. You sit next to him and hold his hand. He looks at your hand  then back up at you.

"I have a feeling I am going to like you Y/N.." he says, a small smile forming on his lips.

"I have a feeling I'm going to like you to Newt." you smile back.