Chapter 2

Ben often went to the temple gardens to meditate and release all the stress that he had built up during the day. It also helped get rid of that bad feeling in the pit of his stomach.

While in one of his meditation sessions, Ben heard a commotion behind him, but before he could turn around, a large hand punched him in the back. Hard. Falling onto the grass, Ben lay motionless until the laughing died away. Grunting, Ben got up and returned to his former position.

After a few minutes, Ben suddenly noticed that the shrubs near him were rustling very loudly. A head popped out of the bushes. Ben turned and was surprised to find a small girl staring back at him. She looked maybe ten years younger.

There was silence until the girl, Rey, squeaked,

"Hi."

Ben didn't reply.

"I'm bored. Wanna play?" the girl asked, oblivious to Ben's look of disinterest.

Silence.

"Whatcha doin'?"

Finally Ben said,

"I'm meditating."

"oH coOOOL I WannA TRY!" the girl chirped.

She immediately hopped over to Ben and tried to copy his position. After a while of struggling, Ben spoke.

"You're doing it wrong. Here."

He tapped the girl's leg and moved her arms. Finally, the two were settled. For the rest of the late afternoon, the two sat in silence until the temple's night call. At this, the girl got up.

"Thanks for helping me, sir!" she squeaked.

She did a lousy salute and was gone. Sighing, Ben up and returned to his quarters.