Chapter Ten

"Let's go eat lunch, Blake." I nodded and we both left his workout place and went to the kitchen. "What are we going to eat? You better not say scrambled eggs or I will scramble your face." "We're eating scrambled eggs!" Adam said excitedly while throwing his hands up in the air. "Come here you horrible egg-cooking Levine!" "Geez, I'm just kidding. I'm too lazy to go outside and buy lunch so let's just make some hotdogs." To be honest, I was also too indolent to go outside. "Hotdogs?" "Yeah, you know the red wiener thing surrounded by buns," Adam started explaining to me what a hotdog was. "I already know what a hotdog is! I just don't like eating them." "Why? Is it because I'm hot and you're the dog?" Adam teased me. "I look weird when I eat a hotdog," I whined. "Suck it up," Adam responded. "That makes it sound so much worse," I mumbled. "Your mind is pure filth." "You love it," I cooed, glancing at him with a smirk.

"Where's the ketchup?" I asked Adam. "In the fridge. Duh." I rolled my eyes and got ketchup out of the refrigerator.  I squirted too much ketchup on my hotdog, but whatever. "When's your birthday?" Adam asked me. "June 18th," I replied. "What year?" "Every year." Adam laughed. "I meant what year were you born on." "1976, why?" "Ha! I'm younger than you." "Shut up, age is just a number." I am half way done eating my hotdog and I realized Adam was watching me eat. My face grew hot. "Stop watching me eat!" I demanded. "Why? You look adorable eating that big thing." My face grew hotter. "I don't like it when people are staring at me while I'm eating." "Okay, fine. Do you have your 5,000 dollars prepared to give to me tonight?" Oh dang. I totally forgot about the bet Adam and I made. I do have my 5,000 dollars prepared, but I know I won't be losing the bet. Dia is going to win The Voice. Team Blake for the win! Nausea began to make and effect on my body. I don't feel like eating anymore. I threw my hotdog in the garbage. I was almost done eating it anyways. I've decided to tell Adam that Miranda and I broke up and that Luke and her are planning something. "I won't be losing the bet. Adam, I need to tell you something..." Adam looked worried. "You're mad that I dropped that dumbbell on you aren’t you? I knew it! I'm such a dumbass. Blake, I-" I interrupted him. "No, I already told you I'm not mad about that. Miranda and I broke up. I saw my best friend Luke kissing her and I heard them talking about something they're planning." Adam seemed furious. "Where is Luke? I need to kick him where the sun doesn't shine!" I laughed at what Adam just said. "I'm so sorry that you and Miranda broke up. Do you want a hug?" "No, I'm fine. I just needed to tell someone this. I'm kind of worried about tonight though because Miranda will be performing with Dia at The Voice. Luke might be there too..." "Oh, right. Don't worry. If Luke or Miranda tries anything on you, I will scramble them!" I smiled. "Thanks for being such a great friend. Someone I could trust, unlike Luke." "No problem. Luke doesn't deserve to be called your best friend." "You know what? You're right. You deserve to be called my best friend."