Chapter Six

Note to self: eat breakfast before going to Adam's place. Dang flab-bit! My stomach hurts as much as stepping on a Lego piece. If you haven't stepped on a Lego piece, you are lucky. Those things are painful. "So what do you think about the scrambled eggs?" Adam asked. "They taste excellent!" The guilt inside of me was building up. I was debating back and forth if I should just tell him that his cooking is abominable or not. "You know that you're a horrible liar, right?" "How did you know I was lying?" "Because you're fidgeting and sweating like a turkey on Thanksgiving." I didn't even noticed that I was fidgeting and sweating. "Oh..." Adam started walking towards me while I was moving back. "What are you doing?" I asked, sweating more each second. "Just come here." I bumped into a wall, I couldn't go back anymore. Adam was getting closer and closer. I yelled, "Don't hit me!" Adam was laughing. "Hit you? Why would I do that? I just wanted to give you a hug because you ate the disgusting scrambled eggs just so my feelings won't get hurt. That's very sweet of you." Adam pulled me in a nice and tight hug. The hug felt like the perfect hug. You know those types of hugs where you seem to melt into each other. You close your eyes, the noise in the room stops, you lose track of where your body stops and theirs begin. You feel safe and comfortable like in a perfect dream. You have no worries or fears, just a calm feeling. That was what I was experiencing. I'm glad that I stopped sweating. I breathed in Adam's cologne. Damn, he smelt good.

"Are you ready for The Voice finals tomorrow?" Adam asked me. "Hell yeah!" I can't believe The Voice season one will be ending soon. Time flies like an arrow. The final four are: Vicci Martinez (Team Cee Lo), Javier Colon (Team Adam), Dia Frampton (my team), and Beverly McClellan (Team Christina). Dia Frampton is ready. She's been practicing for a lot of hours each day. In rehearsals, her voice was absolutely amazing. What I love about this show is watching the contestants grow and getting better and better. "Javier Colon will win The Voice," Adam said to me. "Dia Frampton will win The Voice," I disagreed. "Okay, let's make a bet. Whoever loses must pay the winner 5000 dollars." "Deal," I responded. We shook our hands for two minutes now. "Let go of my hand! We've been shaking on it for two minutes! I have to get home you know." Adam won't let go of my hand. I tried pulling away, but it didn't work. "Try to break free from my hand," Adam grinned. I've decided to step on Adam's shoes grievously. "Ow!" Adam screamed while I ran out of his house. "I will get you Blake Shelton!" I chuckled.