Chapter Seven

"Good morning honey." Oh right, Miranda and I broke up. I frowned for a minute, but then I remembered that today is The Voice finals. Today is very important for me because I'm a judge/coach on that show. What is this strong scent that I am smelling? I realized that I was smelling cologne. I don't recall buying this type of cologne though. Instantly, I realized that when Adam and I hugged, some of his cologne rubbed onto my shirt. I kept sniffing my shirt because it smelt so good. I am never ever ever cleaning this shirt. Whenever I'm depressed, I could just sniff this shirt that smells like Adam. I don't know why but whenever I think about Adam, I feel joy and strength. I wonder how he feels when he thinks about me... Adam thinking about you? Get over yourself, Blake! The tiny voice in my head was right. Adam probably hardly thought about me. I took a quick shower and then changed clothes. I put the shirt that smells like Adam under my pillow, grabbed my keys, locked the door, then left my house. After driving for 10 minutes, I've decided to turn on the radio. I turned it on and a Miranda Lambert song was being played... It's amazing how I could recognize her voice in less than 5 seconds. I still listen to her music even though we broke up.

I got out of my car and started walking to Starbucks. I would usually buy a Starbucks latte before entering The Voice. I would tell everyone that I am drinking my "special latte." Thank goodness that my red chair has a cup holder. On one of The Voice live shows, I was so excited about the contents of my cup that a fan jokingly asked me if there was whiskey in my "special latte." Of course, I played right along saying that of course there was! After purchasing my drink, I left the Starbucks store. Holy flapjacks! My eyes widened when I saw Miranda and Luke across the street. What were they doing together? I carefully went across the street and hid behind a tree to eavesdrop on their conversation. Unfortunately, I couldn't really hear what they were saying because there are a lot of people here talking and the sounds of ambulances, cars, etc. "So, did you talk to her?" I heard Luke ask Miranda. "Yes, and she agreed to do it," Miranda responded back to him. "Perfect. I can't wait to see Blake's reaction," Luke sneered nefariously. What were they talking about? Who is 'her'? I had a bad feeling about this... Oh my gosh. Impulsively, Luke leaned forward and kissed Miranda on the lips. Why would my best friend betray me like that? Although Miranda and I broke up, it still hurts to see your best friend kiss your ex. They've been kissing for three minutes now. When are they going to stop kissing? Don't they need to breathe and inhale some oxygen? I can't take this anymore. I checked my phone and found out that I had four text messages. They were from Adam, Christina, Cee Lo, and Carson. All of them texted the same thing. "Where are you?" Oh shoot! I totally forgot about The Voice! I began running and when I made it to The Voice place, I was breathing heavily. Boy, I need to start working out. I don't know how I'll be able to concentrate on The Voice when I'm too busy worrying about what Miranda and Luke are planning. Maybe what they're planning isn't that bad... Well, I hope so. Where's my shirt that smells like Adam Levine when I needed it? I frowned. It was at home.